Requirements and General Skills:
- Works well with others and is a skilled communicator both written and oral; acts with professionalism both in person and when working on the phone with partners.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and work under shifting deadlines with potentially ambiguous or nebulous requirements in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience working in an agile software development organization; Scrum and/or Kanban
- Willingness to learn new technologies - often very quickly
- Ability to act a mentor and/or leader
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Strong technical knowledge building mission critical/highly available service using current generation toolkits such as Spring, Dropwizard, RESTEasy, or Node.JS
o Developing and designing web services through APIs using REST, HTTP, JSON/JSONP, etc
o Fluency in Java 7, basic understanding of Java 8
o Strong understanding the principles of service-oriented software and large scale distributed systems.
o Working knowledge of reactive programing
o Working knowledge of SQL-based or NoSQL databases using JDBC, JPA or similar frameworks
- Strong technical knowledge of cloud-based systems – covering infrastructure, platform and software as services
- Code craftsmanship; rigor in high code quality, automated testing (JUnit, Mockito, Cucumber), and agile engineering best practices
o Knowledge of modern software patterns and anti-patterns
- Able to work within a Git/Gitflow-based multi-branched software environment.
- Preferred experience with Java development tooling: Maven and/or Gradle.
o Used continuous integration environments like TeamCity, Jenkins, Hudson.