OverviewOctagon Technology Staffing is in search of a Sr. Java developer for a Lead engineering role with a fortune 500 company in Broward County. Under limited supervision, the Senior Java Developer and Technical Leader will be responsible for building and maintaining high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications with rich user interfaces that meet the specifications of the business requirements. You will be working on mission-critical applications that ensure the high availability of the eCommerce systems. In addition, you will routinely be working a project from the back to the front, while providing leadership expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing and implementation.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Work with enterprise architects to design solutions to business problems
- Help take the technical requirements and merge them into design components that fit the overall structure of the enterprise.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle from planning to deploying.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications of industry best practices.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components with deliverables at each sprint
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review with engineering team
- Technical leadership skills to oversee development team members
- Proven working experience in Java EE development using Agile methodologies
- Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Experience in the Spring Framework Stack and open source Java projects
- Experience in developing web applications using Jquery, Bootstrap, Spring MVC
- Proficiency in all areas of the software stack from back end services to front end implementations
· Java EE development using Agile methodologies.Spring Framework Stack and open source Java projects· Testing methodologies, processes and tools for testing of functionality, including unit, integration, system, and regression testing.· Key directional trends and emerging technologies in the IT industry.· Creating and monitoring batch jobs.· Converting system data.· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent, from an accredited college or university, and seven (7) to ten (10) years work experience or, an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.