Other Job Duties
- Supervises the work of other Jr and Sr Analysts in the team in support of the Budget and Planning process
- Present Business Line performance results to members of the Bank’s Executive Management team in a professional manner with Executive Level presentation materials
- Quickly and intuitively develop key business insights through financial analysis to advise the Head of the Business Line on Strategic Planning and Key Business Decisions
- Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have deep knowledge of project management.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Complete knowledge of financial analysis and principles of economics of financial and cost accounting.
- Working knowledge of funds transfer pricing principles.
- Complete knowledge of financial institution balance sheet, profit and loss and analysis techniques Working knowledge of GAAP accounting issues as they relate to the banking industry.
- Five + years of experience in banking/financial services industry preferred Proven judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and analysis Demonstrated ability to develop solutions to highly complex and diverse analytical problems which requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factor
- Ability to work effectively with diverse teams, executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment
- Administrative/Technical Skills Analytical and research
- Bank product and service knowledge
- Compile Statistics Compose letters/memos
- Personal computer skills (good knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint) Knowledge of Hyperion & Essbase a plus
- Advanced time Management and organizational leadership skills coordinating and leading effective meetings
- Strong professional communication and presentation skills
- Responsible for coordinating across the bank’s divisions to ensure that forecasted results are relevant and accurate, and produced within requisite deadlines.
- Perform individual analysis to evaluate and challenge projected data.
- Serve as a subject-matter expertise of the bank’s financial projections and systems, and form a network of relationships across the bank.
- Takes a lead role in preparation of Bank’s projected financial statements for budget, forecast and strategic plan Performs detailed line item trend analysis on forecast and budget Coordinates tracking of any one-off or top-side adjustments Provides regular updates on forecasted data movements within planning system Documents processes and procedures to become subject matter expert on given support systems and/or business flows.
- Functions as key finance liaison for at least one major profit group within the Bank in this role.
- May lead or assist in the development and coordination of enterprise-wide planning calendar build-out in support of forward-looking projections.
- Analyzes and interprets financial data and compiles statistical reports on current financial developments, financial policies and plans, and significant organizational developments.
- Assists with the integration of initiatives and new entities into budgeting processes.
- May lead or assist in the development and implementation of internal Corporate FP&A and/or Line of Business process improvement and enhancement projects.
- Provides training and guidance to less-experienced staff and internal customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Drives the FP&A feedback loop taking into consideration actuals, planning, reporting, analysis and improved assumptions for executive management decision making.
- Provide insights into reports and develop and provide high quality presentation to executives.
- Provide direct support to the Planning and Reporting SVP as it pertains to the following: Management reporting to internal consumers as well as board of directors.
- Ensure meaningful and relevant information while guaranteeing data integrity and accuracy Provide strategic insight in the review of the Bank’s performance, including the performance of individual business lines, support divisions, and Treasury Full ownership of ad-hoc FP&A projects or analysis with a focus on end-to-end development Provide secondary review of all projected financials with a particular focus on centrally planned items and Holding Company expenses Lead preparation of budget and quarterly forecast presentation materials to executive management Proactively communicate with management on potential reporting issues and propose solutions and alternatives Drive the review of bank’s monthly results, comparing forecast, budget, and prior period results.
- Identify and research anomalies and trends in data that require investigation by the Finance team Responsible for working with business lines to understand their Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and to incorporate those drivers into the profitability analysis of the Bank Team with the business, development team and technology on an ongoing basis to enhance the efficiency, accuracy, and control of reporting process Intersect with Budget and Forecast team in review of consolidated projections.
- Identify and challenge any inconsistent assumptions Coordinate monthly production calendar for corporate and business partners Perform other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.