|Title||Sr Loan Quality Assurance Analyst|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Description||GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION|
The Sr Loan Quality Assurance Analyst works directly with the Senior Vice President of the Loan Quality Assurance Department to provide quality assurance for lending departments related to bank policies, compliance, legal requirements, and access controls. This position serves to support the first line of defense for bank lenders and lending departments by monitoring and maintaining quality control. This position will act as liaison for audit related functions by gathering documentation and responding to audit and exam findings in the absence of the Senior Vice President of the Loan Quality Assurance Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop & maintain departmental testing procedures for adherence to internal SOX lending controls for the various operational business units. This duty is performed monthly, about 25% of the time.
2. Develop & maintain departmental auditing procedures to ensure compliance with all lending regulations. This duty is performed monthly, about 25% of the time.
3. Perform gap analysis of existing controls. This duty is performed quarterly, about 25% of the time.
4. Collaborate with business unit owners to develop enhanced controls. This duty is performed as needed, about 10% of the time.
5. Drafts & maintains departmental policies and procedures. This duty is performed as needed, about 30% of the time.
6. Supervises staff of 3+ employees. This duty is performed daily, about 15% of the time.
7. Stay abreast of regulatory changes so to prepare for impact to policies, procedures, and key lending system updates. This duty is performed as needed, about 40% of the time.
8. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned. This duty is performed annually.
9. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner. This duty is performed daily.
10. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 5 years related experience and/or training, and 3 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy/procedure manuals; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Advanced: 10-Key, Presentation/PowerPoint, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
Intermediate: Accounting, Alphanumeric Data Entry
Somewhat disagreeable working conditions. Continuously exposed to one or two elements such as noise, intermittent standing, walking; and occasional pushing, carrying, or lifting.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Highly repetitive, low physical. Highly repetitive type of work which requires concentration in the performance of tasks for consistent time cycles as prescribed by the tasks.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear; regularly required to sit; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; and occasionally required to stand, walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; and color vision.
Experience in loan operations and administration, a plus.
5+ years experience with all aspects of lending regulatory compliance is required.
Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills is required