Sr. Logistics Manager
Provides onsite leadership to ensure that the logistics, warehousing and procurement operations are meeting safety, quality, delivery, cost, and housekeeping objectives. The Mill Logistics Leader is responsible for supporting maintenance and production schedules through receiving and storing raw materials, finishing supplies, and maintenance materials in appropriate warehouse locations. Oversee the daily operation of scheduling, planning, and shipping customer orders. Support cycle/physical inventory counts and adjustments.
In addition, the Mill Logistics Leader provides leadership and oversight for all Third-Party Labor (3PL) contractor activities, including contract management, operations and converting support, maintenance, and material handling/shipping.
Customers and Customer Expectations:
Key customers include internal/external Customers, Mill Operations, Mill Management Teams, Purchasing Assistants, MRP Controllers, Inventory Coordinator, Deployment Coordinator, Shipping/Receiving and Staff Business Teams.
Customers expect timely and accurate analysis, planning support, distribution management, and counsel to support sound financial and business decisions. The incumbent is expected to support Mill Management in ensuring strong facility internal control programs.
The position reports to the GNW Sector Logistics Leader and has an indirect reporting relationship with the Mill Manager. The position will directly supervise local Purchasing Agents, MRP Controllers, Inventory Coordinator, Deployment Coordinator, and Shipping/Receiving.
The incumbent is an active contributor to several Mill and Staff Teams, and provides analysis and planning support, as well as direct guidance to the 3PL Logistics provider to achieve facility and business objectives. The incumbent interacts with Staff and other Mill locations to ensure consistency and enhance cross sector implementation of "unified practices".
- Lead local team of staff and 3PL labor that is engaged and oriented to achievement of objectives and continual improvement by managing relations, driving performance management, and fostering a Lean culture.
- Support objectives related to the planning and analysis of the Mill supply chain and handling processes.
- Ensure that reporting of all physical/cycle inventory results are timely, accurate and consistent with corporate policies and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Support and actively participate in supply chain decision process, as well as assisting in establishing long-term objectives. Continuously develop skills by seeking opportunities in areas outside of the Logistics functions.
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality through personal example by adopting a customer-based philosophy in level of service provided.
- Assure smooth functioning of 3PL contractors (operations, converting, maintenance, receiving, shipping, and warehousing).
- Support process development and continuous improvement with the 3PL to meet safety, quality, productivity, delivery, and cost expectations.
- Oversee effective and safe access of the rail system on site. Primary contact for the local railroad.
- Responsible for site security – address security issues and concerns with efforts such as problem solving, work notifications or capital projects.
- Ensure that working capital is managed in an effective manner and the mill is meeting required KPI’s.
- Support administration of the mill’s internal control plan and ensure the application of established corporate financial controls by the effective implementation and maintenance of corporate policies and instructions.
- Accountable for mill (in some cases site-wide) sourcing strategies for services including, but not limited to general contractors, calibrations, engineering design, welding, electrical and mechanical, sanitation, water treatment, etc.
- Network with peers and others outside of the Mill to ensure the best ideas, practices, and procedures throughout the corporation are available and understood.
- Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences.
- Ensure the communication, implementation, and promotion of values, vision, mission, and foundations in accordance with KC-One Behaviors as a means for delivering business results.
- Support business activities that align with EHS policies, including identifying, reporting, investigating, addressing, and resolving EHS aspects and hazards.
- Facilitate and maintain good distribution working conditions, safety programs, and housekeeping standards that are consistent with Kimberly-Clark objectives, along with Mill and Government regulations.
- Lead continuous improvement opportunities within the GNW Logistics organization to ensure the warehouse and distribution center are operating efficiently and effectively to meet Customer and cost objectives.
- Support packaging, manufacturing operations, and other functional areas to drive supply chain efficiency.
- Lead site safety initiatives related to distribution and all mobile powered equipment.
Capability to initiate projects in a team setting and coordinate across multiple locations using Lean methodologies.
A Bachelor’s degree in related discipline.
5+ years in the logistics, supply chain, and/or distribution capacity with a working knowledge of material handling processes, procedures, and systems (SAP and WMS logic) or equivalent experience.
The incumbent must have strong interpersonal skills necessary to motivate and develop their reports as well as maintain a strong working relationship within the Mill Management Team.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:K-C will support in-country relocation for the chosen candidate for the role, including assistance to obtain proper work authorization. The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-C’s applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will decided in K-C’s sole discretion.
This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.