Join Ecolab as our Sr. Logistics Manager (Logistics Manager III) – Safety, Training & Compliance in Naperville, IL (Chicago area) within our North American Supply Chain function. This role will be responsible for leading our distribution safety programs and requirements for deliveries from our internal private fleet and 3rd party carriers.
- Design and lead (partnering with Logistics & Fleet Operations leaders) Safety Training Program to drive the priority of a safety culture and the reduction of distribution safety incidents. This would include program development, training, testing, certification tracking, technology implementation and engagement.
- Partner with the Process Safety organization and utilize their community and knowledge to integrate in bulk/transfer safety program
- Lead NA bulk safety steering committee with stakeholders throughout logistics, greater supply chain, SH&E and business divisions. Drive forward safety strategy for bulk and transfer service logistics.
- Lead investigations into safety incidents. Drive deep dive on root cause through 5-why’s and RCA, identify corrective actions and follow up with resolution accountability to all parties. Communicate lessons learned across carrier base, customers, stakeholders as needed. Review trend analysis for root causes to continue to improve program.
- Lead team responsible for Chemtrec Alert Safety Hotline, stop work authority calls, remediation contracting, determining best actions with 24/7/365 responsibility that is shared with others within the safety team.
- Lead all efforts to maintain CSA scores with FMCSA within good status for our internal private fleet with an appropriate tie to training efforts
- Manage all carrier 5800.1 reporting events. Monitor the reports submitted to the DOT for accuracy. Provide internal reporting on root causes. Develop and lead the efforts on corrective actions.
- Partner with Divisional Safety leaders to drive forward engagement, accountability and safety partnership with sales account managers and customer receivers
- Ensure new customer sites implemented meet safe delivery requirements in partnership with the Divisions.
- Work with audit and divisional resources on audit/assessment processes to manage safety risk during deliveries
- Manage the intake, tracking, trend analysis and resolution for DAR’s (Delivery Action Request) submitted within the delivery process to resolve gaps with site non-compliance issues
- Partner with Logistics Operations Managers in 3rd party carrier performance reviews to continue to drive improvement in safety performance
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years’ experience in logistics, transportation, warehousing or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in logistics or operations management including managing people
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication, leadership and training skills
- Strategic influencing ability. Able to bring together cross-functional groups to solve challenging safety solutions.
- Knowledge of DOT Hazmat regulations
- Travel required – 20%
- No immigration sponsorship available
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Environmental, Logistics or related discipline
- Previous experience in bulk liquid transportation industry
- Project management experience
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.