Scope: The Director of Business Development – Land Systems will use a diverse business development background with a specific experience in DOD ground combat solutions and systems to develop new business for the company. Detailed knowledge of DOD requirements generation and acquisition process is required.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Managing business development activities for ground combat and land systems.
- Lead and/or assist in the development of an on-going 5-year strategic roadmap supporting new business in this area.
- Assess the emerging technological areas with "up front" EFW involvement by establishing personal relationships with various DOD agencies such as:
- DARPA, NVESD, TARDEC, ARDEC
- Army TACOM
- Army Material Command
- Army Futures Command
- Picatinny Arsenal
- Subordinate MSC's and equivalent USMC organizations such as ONR.
- Areas of specific experience: TACOM, TARDEC, MCOE, Night Vision Labs (NVESD) is desirable.
- Preparation or roadmaps of current and future key DOD land platform and system initiatives and acquisitions. Make recommendations and develop action plans to position Elbit Systems with future procurements and programs.
- Assess annual service budgets and long range plans (Program Objective Memorandum) to recommend key areas to target within the service and which are in line with the ESA Land Systems long-range roadmap.
- Partnering with Field Marketing colleagues to establish personal and professional relationships with the DOD acquisition offices and service staffs.
- Establish and maintain direct, personal relationships with key industry and government customers. Establish and maintain similar relationships with ESL and ESA counterparts.
- Lead Go/No-Go assessments, as well as campaign plans for areas targeted by platform level solutions of strategic importance.
- Continuously assess ESA and ESL capabilities (current and emerging) against customer requirements.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- DOD Procurement and Requirements personnel.
- Congressional budget planning staff.
- Engineer staff
- Manufacturing staff
Bachelor’s Degree (5-10 years functional experience may substitute) – Master’s degree preferred5-10 years of Industry, Functional and Management experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required (Unique and Measurable):
• Engineering and Technical background highly desirable.• Detailed knowledge of how DOD material requirements are generated and acquired is required. Previous experience in the DOD acquisition process, including DOD program and/or acquisition office, is highly desirable.• Proven track record of successful contract wins and documented business growth.• Will have 5-10 years’ experience in DOD business development.• Military Background preferred; (service with General Staff or attended War College). • Must be a team player, independent thinker, able to multi task and communicate.• Strong influencing skills and ability to build alliances.• Excellent communication with interpersonal and analytical skills.• A strong work ethic coupled with good business sense.• A management styles that leads by example and the ability to serve as a team player that can focus on the business objectives of the organization.• Strong skills in sales and ability to be a business partner.• International business development experience (FMS, direct commercial sales, FMF) is a plus.• Knowledge of export/import regulations (ITAR, etc.) is a plus.• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.• Previous active duty military experience is a plus.• Previous industrial experience is a plus.• Strategic planning experience is a plus.