Local Candidates in State of Utah Only
This position is responsible to manage one or more teams and outside creative agencies to produce all marketing deliverables related to market-leading software products.
- Direct the production of all creative for marketing and corporate communications, including: print and digital advertising, collateral, event signage, packaging, presentations, animations, photography and videos.
- Lead the creative team, web team and marketing team in creative strategy to ensure the creative team produces agency-quality output tied to strong creative strategies.
- Lead Campaign Marketing Managers, photographers, videographers, outside agencies and management in project definition to determine accurate project specifications in order to meet quality standards and timelines.
- Oversee the production of animations, photography and videos, including scripting, selecting models and photographers, voice talent and video post-production.
- Perform routine maintenance of marketing deliverables to ensure current product information and branding; assists in designing web pages and sites to ensure professionalism.
- Own the branding guides and marketing template for all brands.
- Assist the web team with web design and UX.
- Oversee the production process for all creative to ensure quality and speed.
Typically manage a moderately complex section of a department, a small department, large process or multiple smaller processes. Make recommendations for executing on plans in accordance with the policies and directives of senior management. Accountable for meeting the operating objectives of the department. Provide guidance to staff within the latitude of established company policies. Determine how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Assure adherence to and manage approved budgets. May play a role in high-level projects that have an impact on the sub-function's future direction.
Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Act as an adviser to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve problems. Full knowledge of multiple areas within sub-function derived from experience in non-management roles. Focus on executing goals in an accurate and timely manner.
Implement strategy to further the sub-function's larger goals through the work of professional staff. Recommend changes to policies and establish procedures that affect the sub-function.
Manage work and goals of professional level staff performing non-routine work or who manage a process or system. May have subordinate supervisors.
Interact with senior management and/or customers, normally involving matters between functional areas and/or other company divisions or units. Often must lead a collaborative effort among members of a project team.
Typically can hire, terminate, or promote; another level of approval may be required. Makes decisions on salary increases, performance reviews, disciplinary actions, etc.
Typically 10 or more years of increasing responsibility and complexity in terms of any applicable professional experience; 1 or more years of management experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent a plus.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Strong management and leadership skills and ability to attract, retain, motivate, develop and mentor team members for high performance
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and ability to resolve disputes effectively
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Excellent independent decision making, analysis and problem solving skills
- Understand and act on financial information that contributes to business profitability
- Ability to plan and manage successful projects; understand available resources, develop timeline, budget, assign tasks and areas of responsibility
- Lead team(s) to achieve company goals in creative and effective ways
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and techniques
- Communicate effectively with senior management
- Good negotiating skills and ability to effectively manage outsourced relationships
- Ability to influence, build relationships, understand organizational complexities and manage conflict
- Broad professional and managerial skills with a good understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures
- Ability to lead virtual teams
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- 10 or more years leading creative services teams.
- Knowledge of professional creative design, layout and production standards for both offline and online marketing deliverables.
- Strong leadership and communication skills in managing a team of creative artists, helping them balance heavy workloads under tight timeline pressures.
- Proven client communication and relations experience working at an agency or corporate agency helping marketing managers to create solid design.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite products and creative services management tools.
- Experience in photography, animation and video production management
- Experience with design project management tools, such as Basecamp
- Skilled in web and UX design.
Typically, to advance to a new job level, TSMs must demonstrate professional behavior and should consistently be at the high-end of meets expectations or consistently exceed expectations.
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Travel typically less than 10%. Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Required/Nice to Have
Must have experience directing the design of web sites
Must have experience directing the design of web sites
Must have current experience designing for digital marketing media
Must have 5 years of Sr. Management experience managing a creative services team, preferably at least five designers, video production manager and outside agencies
Prefer someone currently managing a creative services team as a Director of Creative Services