We are seeking aSenior Credit & Collections Manager to join us at Helen of Troy in El Paso, TX. Make an impact supporting our world-class leadership brands including: OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Vicks®, Braun®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Hot Tools®. Join this exceptional team to bring people outstanding products that elevate lives everywhere, every day.
What contribution will I make to Helen of Troy?
Reporting to the Director of Credit and Collections, the Senior Credit & Collections Manager is responsible for monitoring the company's exposure to credit risk and assessing possible risks within current Receivables balances and new account requests. This individual will be supervising / training / monitoring staff of Credit Managers and Analysts to ensure timely, accurate, and professional collections and claims management. Will also be responsible for reporting accurate claims and AR balances to management.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Supervise and monitor Credit Managers and Analysts to ensure that claims balances and overall AR balances are followed up on and reviewed/cleared on a regular basis.
- Analyze customer financial statements, trade references, industry reports and reviews, etc. to determine appropriate credit exposure for existing and new accounts. Limit the company's overall risk / exposure.
- Review higher level submissions of claims through the Trade Management system to ensure accurate clearance of customer deductions. Also, review submissions of transactions for credits / debits within the Oracle system to ensure the transactions are appropriate and accurate.
- Review Credit Exception Reports that generate daily and Customer Service Rush Log Requests to determine if customers with orders experiencing a credit check failure should be released for shipment or held until account issues are resolved.
- Regular review of bank reports and Credit Representative A/R reports to ensure that cash receipts are applied timely and accurately.
- Hold regular "One on One" meetings with team members to ensure each Team member understands and performs their job duties efficiently and appropriately.
- Perform annual employee evaluations in a fair and objective manner to identify any deficiencies in performance, attitude, professionalism, attendance, etc.
- Take appropriate actions when a staff member is in violation of procedures, policy, etc. - Both Department and Company policy, procedures, etc.
- Take an active part in establishing department policies, procedures, processes, expectations, etc.
- Responsible for the accurate reporting of total Accounts Receivable balances and possible bad debt risk to management.
- Work closely with the Director in the proper completion and presentation of all month end reports.
Requirements for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in related profession/field.
- 3 to 5 years of experience leading a team of Managers/Analysts.
- Highly motivated.
- Demonstrated commitment to ethical business practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a high stress environment.
- Ability to make presentations.
- In-depth knowledge of the usage of Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have a basic to deep understanding of Financial Statements.
- Must be a strong communicator and leader.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
To learn more about Helen of Troy, visit us at www.helenoftroy.com
You can also find us on LinkedIn,Glassdoor,Facebook, andTwitter.
Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you, as one of our employees or as an applicant for employment, have any questions about our Affirmative Action Plan, please contact Human Resources during regular business hours.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.