The Sr. Manager Global Key Account will focus on the Semiconductor Equipment Manufacturer industry and the key accounts that help define the market, including the major US-based OEMs and their global end users. Product sales focus is the company's line of automation products (focusing especially on Servos but also including PLC, HMI, VFD and Robot) that support the Semiconductor Industry. Develop target accounts to be a significant contributor to both local and global revenue growth in the defined markets.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and penetrate target industry accounts, as well as major projects for corporate specification opportunities.
- Initiate sales activity with top level management at target industry accounts and coordinate cross functional teams.
- Become subject matter expert (SME) for selected industries and support regional Channel Account Managers as SME, as needed.
- Drive specification of the company's Automation Solutions from top down.
- Discover and validate key differentiators within target industry accounts. Create discovery agreement and secure commitment.
- Understand target market product trends and specifications and communicate requirements to Product Marketing groups.
- Recommend focused marketing activities for the target industry and accounts.
- Work with both OEMs and End Users to coordinate application of products.
- Manage partnerships with internal resources to accomplish objectives, including but not limited to Technical Support Group (TSG), Corporate and Product Marketing, Regional Sales and Supply Chain Management (SCM).
- Provide global coordination of GKAM Accounts. Work with global counterparts in China, Taiwan, Singapore, Europe and Japan to ensure seamless collaboration on the various tasks.
- Develop and maintain relationships with third party alliance partners as needed to grow the business.
- Manage the Engineering function within GKAM-Semiconductor group.
- Represent company at important industry events and participate in industry specification activities.
- Represent all products to target industry companies.
- Create data, budgets and reports to support business (i.e. Monthly activity report, bi-annual report on industry trends/competition/activities/budget plan).
- Perform other job functions as assigned.
- Supervise a team of Global Key Account Managers and Application Engineers in the GKAM-Semi group.
- Oversee daily activities, and manage the performance of the staff.
- Adhere to supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Perform interviews, hiring, and training of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work: appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- 30 - 50% travel within North America, with occasional overseas travel to Asia
- Minimum of 10 years Application Solution Sales, and/or Strategic Sales and Marketing Experience at Fortune 1000 End User, and OEM customers
- Significant network of contacts, and ability to network in the defined market.
- Demonstrated ability in industry marketing planning and execution
- Excellent interpersonal skills and “presence” to deal effectively with senior-level contacts
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to learn company products and recommend technical applications to meet customer needs
- Computer proficiency – Microsoft Office
- Previous experience working in a Japanese business culture and/or working with Japanese customers
Beneficial Education and Experience:
- MBA desirable
- Sales Management experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering – Mechanical, Electrical, Automation, Manufacturing or equivalent experience
- 12+ years’ experience in the defined market (PVD, CVD, CMP, ECD, etc.) with in-depth knowledge of industry requirements and applications within the Semiconductor Equipment Manufacturer industry
- 12+ years’ experience selling automation solutions to senior-level contacts at national accounts in the defined market