Cubic Transportation Systems
Company Details:Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Job Summary: Plan, direct, and manage the Systems Engineering Department to ensure that programs are completed in a cost-effective manner while meeting the customer’s needs. Provide company-wide direction in establishing policy and procedures, and planning the Systems Engineering and System Test activities. Prepares or assists in the preparation of the departmental budget. Plans, conducts, technically directs and tracks progress of projects. Makes project assignments. Establishes and monitors work priorities and schedules. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage employees in performance of work; conduct performance evaluations and recommend salary adjustments and personnel actions to include hiring, discipline, recognition and termination. Motivate, delegate, coach and train subordinates.
- Develop and administer budgets, schedules and performance standards
- Monitor the cost, schedule, and technical performance of the projects supported
- Ensure conformance with configuration management documentation requirements including engineering change proposal submittals
- Coordinate activities of systems engineering staff
- Establish work goals and allocate resources
- Plan, lead and track work activities of systems project staff
- Ensure achievement of schedules and budgets
- Manage systems engineering metrics
- Conduct briefings and participate in technical meetings for internal and external representatives concerning specific operations
- Participate in writing new business proposals
- Keep informed of new developments in systems engineering techniques and advances in technology
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree in Engineering or science-related discipline plus ten years experience, including supervisory experience. Experience to include systems engineering, exercising creativity in technical direction and successful strategy development. Ability to interpret technical contract requirements. Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, interface with customers, subcontractors and vendors, and deal with employees and managers at all levels in manufacturing, engineering and other departments. Mental ability to perform engineering problem solving and analytical tasks. Must be able to work under project deadline pressures, and associated cost and schedule constraints. Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively interface with employees, management and customers. Considerable knowledge in the planning and management of all aspects of engineering design activities including systems, hardware, and software engineering. In-depth knowledge of the SEI Capability Maturity Model (CMM). In-depth knowledge of ISO processes. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Strong presentation skills preferred. Must be able to obtain a Security Clearance if necessary.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.