Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Sr. Manager Meals & Beverage Health and Safety position will serve as the subject matter expert and technical leader for the safety related programs for the Meals & Beverage Operations that are aligned with CSC Health & Safety organization. This position will direct the development and deployment of high impact continuous improvement efforts, such as the Campbell Standards. This position also ensures that Health & Safety programs related to the protection of worker health and safety are established and executed consistently across the covered region. This position is highly collaborative and will lead and/or participate on multifunctional teams including Health & Safety staff and non-EHS staff to further develop programs within CSC.
Direct multi-disciplinary groups, such as Site managers, leadership teams, and Health & Safety personnel to establish cost effective and appropriate measures to reduce risks, comply with safety and health regulations, and to realize established objectives.
Serve as a subject matter expert on Health & Safety related topics within the Meals & Beverage Operations and associated activities, particularly in regards to the protection of worker health and safety, reporting and record keeping, Job Safety Analysis, Ergonomic Advancement, and associated compliance assurance.
Identify and implement appropriate and effective techniques for the successful execution of incident investigations. Lead and/or participate in incident investigation processes for critical and potentially significant incidents to ensure the identification of root causes and appropriate corrective and preventive actions are assigned and executed.
Actively champion the collection, dissemination, and execution of best practice sharing within the region. Act as a change agent to effectively identify, communicate, and further evolve continuous improvement efforts with the intent to increase efficiency and reduce risks throughout the organization.
Participate and represent the CSC Health & Safety Organization on internal and external audits in the role of a Subject Matter Expert, or internal audit support, for Safety and Health related topics. Monitor regulatory activity for new and emerging regulations and requirements and interpret these regulations as they relate to Company operations and personnel.
Trains and ensures all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government and customer policies, procedures, and regulations.
Stay current and continuously improve the program by leveraging continuous learning, staying abreast of relevant technologies and regulations, and identifying industry best practices through industry associations, vendor contacts, formal seminars, workshops, and peer group companies.
Function as the subject matter expert and technical leader for Health & Safety related topics for the approximately 7 sites in Meals & Beverage and directs programs to ensure the consistent and effective execution of high impact continuous improvement efforts, such as the Behavior Based Safety, Change Management, Risk Management and Accident / Root Cause standards throughout the covered region. Role will actively work with the EHS teams and leadership to reduce incidents that could result in serious injury or fatality and adversely impact Campbell’s ability to achieve its mission.
Process Development – Ensure documented, standardized safety processes for: Manufacturing safety committees; myOsh reporting structure and incident investigation; risk assessment and register; hazard assessments? Build robust process and systems to utilize myOsh statistics and all other available data to identify drivers and trends of current incidents and areas of risk. Develop and deliver robust Safety training process to manufacturing sites. Foster leadership and functional knowledge development of Plant Safety Managers and Safety Steering team members at each location. Develop robust process for sustainability data collection and drive/track sustainability initiatives to reach Campbell and Corporate goals/targets.
- Has 24-hour accountability for the Meals & Beverage function; must be available round-the-clock to provide guidance and directions and address high risk issues that impact the company.
- Must possess the ability to overcome resistance to organizational change, influence all employees to embrace it, and lead the change initiative.
- Must be able to simultaneously prioritize and execute multiple projects based on business needs.
- Must develop and maintain rapport with employees at all levels of the Meals & Beverage and Campbell Snacks organizations to drive results. Must interface effectively with multiple departments/functions
- Required- Minimum of a B.A. or B.S. in Safety management, or related field.
- Preferred- Advanced degree or professional certification (CSP, or similar).
- Experience with Behavior Based Safety Programs
- Strong working knowledge of OSHA general industry standards, Behavior Based Safety, Ergonomics Advancement, and similar Health & Safety related fields.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization with particular emphasis on the HSE community and management.
- Ability to manage complex projects
- Effective organization, coordination, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence multi-site operations.
Other key skills to be assessed include:
- Technical safety acumen
- Experience with Behavior Based Safety Programs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations
- Drive for results
- Manage complexity
The working environment includes both office and plant floor settings. Exposure to industrial noise, forklift traffic, moving mechanical parts, and temperature extremes occurs in operating areas of the plant.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.