POSITION TITLE: Sr Manager, Brand Manager
REPORTS TO: CMO
LOCATION: Park City
This role will support the rollout of a clear and differentiated brand position, ensuring all touch points across the business are aligned, and delivering to the brand positioning and promise. Developing brand strategy, overseeing activation of the brand directly through the development and implementation of a strategic partnerships program with likeminded brands and organizations, overseeing public relations, and the future development of local marketing initiatives and teams to bring the brand to life in key markets. This is a cross-functional position that will need to partner closely with a number of internal and external teams, including, but not limited to, merchandising, creative, user experience and our Gearhead program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with CMO to design a vision, roadmap and measurement of a brand strategy for Backcountry, and supporting brand strategies for the portfolio brands.
- Manage and assess Backcountry’s current brand activities, plot the strategic programs that will bring the brand to life (e.g. Athlete strategy, local market strategy, partnerships program)
- Establish goals to drive brand awareness amongst key customer segments and regions.
- Drive the implementation of Backcountry’s strategic brand positioning, and ensure full adoption across all internal teams
- Partner with Marketing Channel teams and Creative teams to bring the brand strategy to life in a brand enhancing way
- Select and manage PR agency partners, establish goals across brand, product and promotion
- Partner with Integrated Marketing and Retention Marketing to ensure brand strategy is woven into all marketing briefs.
- Partner with our Content Marketing team to ensure our Content Program, including promotions and our vendor marketing is aligned with brand objectives
- Along with CMO, lead annual brand planning process including campaign planning, budgeting and ROI assessment
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A passion for brand development and an ambition to build a unique and differentiated leading brand in the outdoor space
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience in a brand marketing or equivalent/relevant role
- A collaborator at heart - this is a cross-functional role that requires partnership with multiple teams across the business
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with ease and perform under pressure with a strong attention to detail
- A hands on approach that is happy to execute autonomously as well as manage external parties
- Strong leadership skills, project management and people management skills
- A unique blend of a customer-centric philosophy, structured and analytical problem solving with creative flair and imagination
- Experience in an online environment
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.