Position: Sr. Manager of Talent Development
Location: San Jose, CA
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
This opportunity reports to our Sr. Director, People & Culture
Talent Acquisition found them. Next, the People Ops team onboarded them. After new hire orientation – what happens next? How do you ensure a talented team of people stays engaged, continues to grow within the company and remains highly satisfied with their career choice? How do you ensure employees leverage the skills they learn during a training session? How does a company assess their talent base with an eye to avoiding barriers and gaps for a successful future?
At Zscaler, we challenge ourselves to be innovative in everything we do – from the products we create to the programs and approaches we take to grow the business. In that spirit, we are looking to expand People & Culture’s ability to impact company growth by adding a creative leader to spearhead our Talent Development initiatives. If you have unique, progressive and creative answers for the questions above, we want to talk to you!
This newly created role offers the opportunity to expand our training and enablement programs to identify talent, build on their current skills and expand their ability to impact the business. As our first dedicated Talent Development resource you will be responsible for expanding our current enablement platforms and scaling them to meet the needs of our global workforce.
We are seeking an experienced, hands on leader who will focus on all levels of development throughout the employee lifecycle, partnering with the global Business Partners and senior leadership teams to identify strategic initiatives and create innovative approaches for talent development.
Our position requires a strong foundation in business fundamentals and someone who can connect with and think like the business leaders and able to create in-house development solutions as well as partner with 3rd party resources to ensure development offerings are relevant, effective and easily consumable to our global teams!
- Subject matter expert on modern talent management and development approaches; creating practical and innovative programs that will enable Zscaler to identify, assess and grow key talent
- Partner with the global business partners and leadership teams to create career ladders and career mobility paths for employees to clearly understand and differentiate success profiles at each level of the business
- Expand the global OD charter and framework to scale and prepare teams to meet future company needs
- Build out development frameworks for Leadership, emerging talent and general employee base
- Partner with People Ops to deliver SuccessFactors talent portals to assess and track succession planning and talent readiness
- Refresh talent review processes to create a consistent, objective and easy-to-use approach
- Collaborate with employee engagement team to create programs for leaders and their team to better communicate throughout the employee lifecycle
- Be a trusted advisor to business leaders, business partners, and talent acquisition to ensure alignment on talent management goals.
- Work with communications team to ensure employees are engaged in their own development
- Create a high-potential employee program that identifies key talent and ensures customized development plans are in place
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to drive internal mobility and ensure key talent is prioritized for critical positions
- Manage programs end-to-end; create clear program vision, plan, timeline, stakeholder maps, communications plan and enablement of partners
- Minimum BA/BS and 10+ years relevant experience, including experience setting strategy and owning L&D and Talent Management programs from conception through execution
- Experience beyond L&D/OD - ideally with prior experience as an HR Business Partner, Recruiter or HR Leader in a role where talent development theory meets the realities of running a business
- Highly business focused mentality and approach with a data-driven and analytical mindset
- Solid foundations in program design, relevant learning/cognitive principles
- Strong abilities in program/project management as well as presentation and delivery
- Must have executive presence and ability to partner with and exercise influence throughout all levels of the company
- Prior experience creating best in class talent assessment, executive development, high potential programs and broad-based career development
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement?
If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team!
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.