Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
This position is responsible for leading a team who’s focus is to optimize our workforce efficiency. This position interfaces with and provides direction, guidance, and support to the Field Operation organization on all contract activity related to the field technician sourcing process. This position is responsible for the ownership and management of the review and approval of all suppliers working through our Task Based Model sourcing strategy - including but not limited to review of supplier qualifications, financials, routing and recommendation of approval for Master Services Agreements (MSA's) and on-boarding these suppliers by approval of certifications, providing access to Lumen's building (badge access) and all appropriate systems. This role is responsible in overseeing field technician contractor performance and partnering with operations to drive accountability.
The Main Responsibilities
- Field Operations interface providing direction, guidance and support to the for all contract activity related to the outsourcing process
- Leverage data and analytics to create and manage plans that focus on workforce optimization and cost transformation initiatives within the Field Operations organization
- Responsible for project leadership based on changing priorities of projects in relation to resources, processes, timeliness, materials, expense and potential revenue.
- Developing new processes, providing analysis, direction and guidance in support of all contractors and partner organizations
- Responsible for the contract development, including but not limited to; skillset definition, resource and tools required, forecasting, task pricing, SLA definition and establishing timelines
- Drive accountability for completion timelines, physical quality, cost/budget information, process adherence and resource staffing.
- Ensure adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, performance, and safety requirements.
- Provide critical functional/user input into system designs, enhancements and implementation of application software systems.
- Provide business case inputs and validations that impact field operations cost/benefit requirements
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Transformational mindset
- Detailed knowledge of WFA, CLICK & SS9
- Ability to identify business challenges and provide operationally acceptable solutions
- Detailed knowledge of Field Operations processes, procedures, systems and daily required functions for the various regions
- Strong working knowledge of Field Service Assurance and Service Delivery processes and systems
- Ability to manage a diverse direct report team in knowledge and abilities to drive business savings
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, ability to write executive-level communications that are concise, articulate, and professional
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- Knowledge and ability to go from concept to a fully operationalized solution utilizing official Lumen approvals and project processes
- Ability to drive cross-functional teams toward common goals to deliver business savings
- Highly organized and professional, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Works effectively within tight deadlines and firm schedules
- Exhibits good business judgement with the ability to overcome obstacles and think strategically to solve business problems
- Experience or detailed knowledge of SRO processes and systems
- Experience or detailed knowledge of Field Technician processes and systems
- Additional knowledge of the following:
- Buzz, cLink & TechServe (StraViso product suite)
- CRIS & Ensemble
- CLICK & WFADO
- MARTENS & LFACS
- Loop Qualification
- Self-Install process flow
- Network Walled Garden/ Captive Portal
- Minimum 4 years as an Operations Field Technician or Central Office Technician
- Minimum 5 years as an SRO
- Minimum 5 years as Field Operations Manager/ Staff Support
Requisition #: 232172
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.