Sr Manager - Photo Video Production-309342
Senior Manager, Photo and Video Production is responsible for pre-planning, production and execution and of all brand marketing photo and video asset needs including campaign, location and studio photography in support of all channels and marketing vehicles. This role is responsible for management of photo and video production budgets while ensuring asset delivery on time, on budget, on brand and of the highest quality possible. The role is also responsible for managing and providing direction to the team of in-house producers.
About the Role
• Pre-Planning Production:
Partner with Creative, Marketing E-Commerce teams, in-house and external producers to plan and execute all seasonal photo and video shoots. This includes marketing campaigns for Women, Girls, Inclusive Sizing as well as E-commerce product photography needs.
Plan and produce international and national photoshoots including location and studio photography for all channels and marketing vehicles (digital, retail, catalog). Manage multiple photoshoots within a season including concurrent photoshoots and different locations.
Manage all aspects of photo and video pre-planning process including synthesizing strategy, casting, location and shoot concepts. Participate in the concepting process, brainstorms, concept review and asset planning meetings.
Source and manage freelance talent. Cast and secure models, photographers, stylists, hair makeup, catering and local producers. Collaborate with in-house art directors, production assistants and stylists.
Scout and secure locations and necessary permits.
Book travel for international personnel and contractors for photoshoots.
Primary point person through all phases of production for internal photo teams, photographers, talent and external production companies.
Partner with Traffic and other cross-functional business partners on schedules for photo and video shoots to ensure timely delivery and seamless hand-off of final assets.
Implement and manage processes and tools for photo and video shoots in partnership with Traffic and Media Production.
Lead weekly Photo Video Production meetings with cross-functional business partners and provide timely communication of dates and calendar.
Manage photo and video production budgets. This includes; tracking and reconciliations, maintaining up-to-date forecasts, estimates, P.O. and invoice tracking, alerting leadership when budget is over/under.
Negotiate contracts and secure estimates. Prepare and finalize talent and location agreements and contracts. Get final sign-offs for contracts, invoices and expenses.
Ensure company legal and non-merchandise procurement policies are followed at all times.
Manage annual budgeting process. This includes; providing input regarding average costing and on-going needs, establishing templates and building of the annual budgets from ground up.
Who you are
• Experienced leader with 8-10 years of hands-on experience in creative production roles (photography, video and/or project management)
• BA or higher education preferred
• Broad experience working in a high-volume, fast-paced constantly changing marketing/creative environment
• Empowered facilitator who is exceedingly diplomatic and can fearlessly manage up, down and sideways. Driver of alignment and collaboration
• Accomplished relationship builder with ability to drive results creatively and develop strong partnership with key individuals within the marketing department at all levels and functions
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership, listening and communication skills
• Extremely detail oriented and highly motivated with a positive attitude
• Positive, self-driven, high energy leader that understands how to motivate and lead a team to achieve excellence
• Superior organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously. Must be able to work under pressure and ambiguity
• Highly competent with building and managing complex photo and video production budgets.
• Strong negotiation skills
• Must develop strong understanding of the Athleta brand, seasonal messaging and seasonal marketing calendar as well as the role of marketing vehicles
• Digital skills required: Microsoft Office
• Digital skills helpful: FileMaker Pro, Adobe Creative Suite
Primary Location-US-CA-SAN FRANCISCO
Full-Time / Part-Time
Athleta Headquarters-Marketing and PR