At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
The Manager, Sales Support is responsible for the performance of the Sales Support Team. The Manager focuses on all tactical issues pertaining to the sales process cycle surrounding other functional groups such as Credit, Contracts, Pricing, and Operations. There is a strong emphasis in this role on system functionality and process optimization.
- Leads a team of individuals and possibly a supervisor who are responsible for renewing customers aligned with their region as well as all data entry to price and contract customers.
- Ensures accuracy and integrity of customer data
- Motivates team to focus on renewals and customer experience
- Provides business expertise to assist with resolving issues for the team
- Ensures all individuals on team are provided with appropriate training to be successful
- Assist the team with prioritization of their work load
- Ensure all required testing of systems when needed is completed timely. Drive initiatives and projects to ensure success of the team.
- Provide assistance for Commitments Committee requests including research, analysis and documentation
- Responsible for identifying and optimizing process inefficiencies in the sales process and assisting in developing and implementing solutions
• Required: Bachelor’s Degree in business related field of study or equivalent experience
•Required – At least 7 years of business experience, preferably in marketing or communications, including experience managing teams.
•Proficient knowledge of business principles and practices
•In depth knowledge of the energy industry
• Proficient knowledge of sales, operations and related business practices
•Highly proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, and the Internet.
•Exceptional written and oral communication skills to function in a team environment and to maintain rapport with employees and customers.
•Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, problem-solving, and independent decision-making.
• Flexibility on the job and the ability to work under multiple, daily deadlines.
•Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
•Ability to write reports, business correspondence and e-mails.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors, colleagues and customers.
• Ability to manage several different tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information at all times
•Travel as required by customers and business needs.
•All candidates must have the ability to speak, read and write English.
Preferred – MBA or advanced degree in related business field.
Preferred – At least 10 years of retail energy experience.
- Level and depth of supervisory duties: Strategic initiatives, projects, and planning activities (budget, headcount, etc)
- Budget accountability, impact on asset management, and organization revenue: Budget responsibilities defined per DoFA (varies by group)
- Level of independence, decision-making authority or strategic planning accountability: Broader decision making authority- Internal and external contact relationships: Combination of Senior internal and external constituents
- Number of direct reports (Span of Control): Manages combination of individual contributors and other managers;
3-6 Direct Reports
7-10 Indirect Reports