McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payors, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. We believe in the importance of strong, vital organizations because we know that patients can only be healthy when our system is healthy. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Wherever you contribute here at McKesson, you will have the ability to make a real impact in the lives of others.
We are looking for a talented Social media manager to manage our social media program, both at a long-term strategic level and day to day. This role will be responsible for creating original content, manage posts, respond to followers as needed as well as channel management, guidelines and governance. As part of the Corporate Communication team, you will play a key role in helping manage our company image in a cohesive way to achieve our business goals.
The successful candidate should be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. In this role, you will promote the McKesson brand online as well as various McKesson products and solutions. You will both produce and curate original content to communicate our brand via our social media channels, driving visits to mckesson.com from our social channels.
You will be expected to develop new social media campaigns and manage the process for development, editing, scheduling, publishing, and measuring content. You should have experience managing paid campaigns and effectively using social media channels to respond to external crises. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our company’s views creatively and within the company’s corporate voice.
Finally, you are passionate about clear and human communications and work well with other teams, including other members of the corporate communication team, brand and creative services, business unit communicators, corporate security, etc. You are a strong writer who can craft communications that clearly communicate complicated business issues – making them digestible and interesting to the general population. You know when to inject humor and when to stick to business in your writing. You are results driven and take pride in executing flawlessly on projects small and large. Finally, you are a team player – focusing more on “us” than “me.”
- Participate in the development of a content strategy for each digital channel.
- Develop strategic content workstreams to support traffic and lead generation goals.
- Create fresh content & innovative strategies for content reuse.
Campaign Development + Management
- Collaborate with creative and brand teams to develop high quality social media posts and other content products.
- Write and edit content for publishing on McKesson-owned channels (website, microsites, social, etc).
- Track, analyze and interpret metrics to assess the efficacy of content. Recommend strategy changes to increase effectiveness of content and resources.
- Review content performance data and develop reports and dashboards and share with internal marketing audiences.
Social Media Channel Management
- Mange the alignment of content published on various channels.
- Ensure use of consistent visual and verbal brand identity on social media channels.
- Support business unit social media efforts as needed
- Cultivate a community of engaged followers by creating appealing content and executing creative strategies
- Use a combination of data analysis, user research, benchmarking, and content audits to identify opportunities for improvement in channels managed.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Strategic thinking/planning
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with distribution lists and mass emails
- Ability to interact with executives and maintain discretion with confidential information
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at one time
- Team player (works well with comms colleagues and clients)
- McKesson knowledge is a plus
- Social Channels: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Glassdoor
- Paid: LinkedIn sponsored content, Twitter Ads
- Measurement: Khoros (formerly Spredfast), Google Analytics – can ask for needed data and analyze to understand performance
- Planning tools: Jira, Trello
- 8+ years in corporate communications or public relations agency
- Social media experience
4-year degree or equivalent experience.
General Office Demands