Senior Manager, Tool & Release Engineering
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Tool & Release to join our Cloud Engineering organization at Nutanix. Senior Manager position will lead the development of tools and applications to support and release. Your responsibilities will be to engineer and operationalize development tools, and CI/CD tools chains to enable our products to be delivered to on-prem and cloud customers. You will be hands-on architecting, delivering and operating critical environments in a micro-services architecture on a new cloud platform. This position works with technology managers to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
- Manages and drives end-to-end process design, improvements, automation and management of the release engineering practice.
- Provides analysis to inform and educate tactical and strategic need for new telemetry
- Manages and continuously improvement of the CI/CD pipeline and process to increase automation and adoption.
- Enforces continuous integration / continuous delivery and cloud adoption. Focus on decreasing costs with automation and analytics.
- Designs and develops applications, tools and cloud-based services for building highly efficient engineering operations
- Maintains relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Owns the process and conduct Release Readiness reviews for on-prem and cloud environments
- Engages with relevant stakeholders/teams to ensure specifications application, tools, process requirements are met
- Ensures the Infrastructure/Application and tool design at project/ program level is aligned with the architecture standards
- Leads and co-ordinates the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists
- Develop scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Researches new configuration management methodologies and technologies
- Informs selection of Infrastructure/Application tools
- Supports testing such as test plan development, supporting execution and any defect / service improvement
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- 5 years of experience with DevOps in a Linux environment, preferably large compute clusters
- 5 years of experience in engineering management
- 7+ years of software design and development experience, solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, OOPs, and software design
- Experience with application & service development in a cloud environment like AWS/Azure/GCP
- Experience with Micro-services and architect designs and develops tool application
- Python programming experience
- Proficient in platform design, architecture & administration and use of CLI tools
- Proficient in Git and similar repository management
- Experience with build systems (Makefiles/Scons), and release management tools (Jenkins, Jira)
- Experience with Linux management tools such as automated provisioning (puppet, razor), containers (docker), virtualization (VMware, KVM), etc. are pluses
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.