Together we move the Atoms that move the World:
Imagine working on the front lines of innovation! As one of the semiconductor industry's leading suppliers of wafer fabrication equipment and services, our technology depends on finding and hiring the best and the brightest employees. We know that our dynamic, global team of exceptional employees is essential to our continued growth.
Lam Research - where successful people want to work:
We are a company comprised of people who work hard, deliver outstanding results and maintain a sense of humor during even the most challenging times. This is truly a rare opportunity. Lam Research is a market leader where our core values are not just words on the back of your badge. Given the criticality of this role to Lam Research's success, this philosophy starts with you.
A ccountable for international and domestic transportation planning and execution. Includes developing a transportation budget, creates scalable logistics solutions, enhances risk mitigation plans that secure uninterrupted deliveries, and execute cost savings initiatives while keeping customer satisfaction the top priority. The Senior Manager will focus on driving shipping compliance that provides the best in class service levels.
The Senior Manager is responsible for managing shipments in and out of Lam Research's Foreign Trade Zones (FTZ). The position will help the company achieve its cost and service goals by managing all aspects of United States import-export transactions for manufacturing supplies, customer spare parts programs, and finished goods. This position promotes compliance with Untied States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and other governmental agency regulations. The Senior Manager provides expertise on the questions regarding Incoterms, FTZ policies, and regulation matters.
- Primary contact for transportation related activities.
- Drive transportation visibility programs that enhance our internal customers user experience
- Evaluate opportunities providing clear cost savings and service improvements
- Implementation of new programs focused on cost and service opportunities.
- Represents the company to US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) for zone operations.
- Responds to US CBP requests for information regarding FTZ transactions.
- Maintains formal, company-wide policies, procedures, controls.
- Updates FTZ compliance manuals and Transportation standard operating procedures regulations.
- Performs audits to evaluate compliance levels and effectiveness of procedures, policies, controls.
Job Responsibilities continued
- Identifies opportunities to secure duty refunds and take advantage of duty- saving programs.
- Oversees Duty Drawback program
- Educates departments on customs compliance - presentations, procedures, memos, conversations.
- Participates in new business continuity plan groups, identifying operational requirements early in the planning process.
- Leverage international free trade agreements benefiting the organization.
- Continuously improving trade operations and logistics processes.
- Monitors regulatory and international operational changes to communicate the impact to the organization.
- Maintains relationships with external customs consultants and customs brokers.
- Manages US FTZ Department team. Forecast and maintains costs within budget.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 10 years' experience in Compliance Operations, Transportation, and/or International Logistics
- Transportation Management Experience preferred.
- Dedicated Fleet Management a plus
- International Airfreight experience required.
- Customs and Trade Operations experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess strong leadership skills including Team Facilitation, Training, and Motivation
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems with scalable and repeatable results
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 10% (including domestic and international), mostly domestic travel for internal meetings
More About Us ....
Our work is everywhere you look - even if you can't actually see it. Lam Research goes deeper than software or chips to the heart of the process that enables chip creation. So if you want to help power the components that empower everything, join us.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.