Little Tikes: where toys are made in America
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
$70k-$90k/year depending on qualifications
Little Tikes believes every day is an adventure with always more to discover. We make the finest American products encouraging active, imaginative play that gets small bodies moving, sparks curiosity, creates wonder and lets kids dream big. With over 48 years of expertise in play, we're experts at doing it right! JOIN US & become one of our toy experts, too.
This great ‘toy-maker’ opportunity is for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer. The perfect candidate will help establish and implement Automation and method improvements contributing to improving plant efficiencies. Performs a variety of manufacturing engineering assignments for New Product development, supports plant operations for existing product in the assembly process of manufacturing for the Little Tikes Hudson location. Contributes to annual cost saving project implementation.
Key Result Areas and Activities
- Research possibilities for automation, implement automation and other improvements. Provides cost justification and manages installation to improve safety, working conditions, quality and efficiency.
- As a member of the Product Development Team, responsible for line layout, methods, fixturing and flow of new products. Assists all locations in product start-up. Work with Design, Product Engineering, Marketing and Purchasing on the Product Development Team to ensure manufacturability of the product.
- Work for continuous improvement regarding tooling, line layout, fixturing and methods on existing products to improve safety, quality and efficiency. Document improvements through cost reduction program.
- Establishes labor standards and provides manufacturing cost estimates.
- Works with Product Engineering to improve manufacturability of new and existing products.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously.
- Solicits and follows-up on suggestions from associates producing the product to make improvements in safety, working conditions, quality and efficiency. Includes leading task teams.
- BSME, BSIE or BSMET or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of manufacturing engineering experience in an assembly environment. Experience should include 3D Solidworks Cad design for fixturing and automation. Establishing work methods and labor standards.
- Proven success with automation project implementations.
- Knowledgeable in automation projects and capital expenditure justification.
- Proficient in the use of 3D CAD programs (Creo or Solidworks preferably)
- Proven project management skills demonstrating the ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects in a dynamic environment while achieving schedules and deadlines.
- Must be a team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with MS Excel, Word, MS Project a plus.
Little Tikes offers competitive wages, along with bonuses, PTO, paid holidays, great discounts on toys, eligible for strong benefitspackages including healthcare, dental, vision, prescription drugs, life insurance and 401(k) with generous matching PLUS you help in the bringing great joy to children around the world!
If getting paid to make the world’s best toys sounds like a great career please apply at Little Tikes 2180 Barlow Rd., Hudson, OH, call 330-650-3207.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Bonuses, PTO, Paid Holidays, Discounts, Strong Benefits