Sr Manufacturing Engineer
JOIN THE TEAM THAT’S POWERING PROGRESS
Building cities. Driving commerce. Saving lives. For over 100 years, Allison Transmission has powered the vehicles and technology that move our world forward.
What powers us? Our employees. From the first person hired by James Allison in 1915 to the thousands across the globe who work for Allison today, we’re driving progress everywhere because we employ top talent worldwide.
This is an exciting opportunity in Indianapolis, IN for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin driving your career forward!
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer position develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls; coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products. Responsible for the design and/or testing of tooling and equipment and/or planning the manufacturing processes in a designated area of the manufacturing plant.
· Directs the development and/or improvement of manufacturing processes and equipment for assigned areas of a plant.
· Evaluate expenditures for processes and/or improvement.
· Determine new specifications by studying production requirements; analyzing equipment design and capabilities.
· Maintain expertise in all advanced measurement systems. Including post process gages, balancers, non-contact gaging for shafts and valve bodies, special surface analysis equipment, and sediment analysis equipment.
· Supervise installations by monitoring compliance with specification; adjusting design and functional applications.
· Lead Manufacturing Engineering resources to implement manufacturing systems that meet program goals.
· Maintains equipment by determining preventative maintenance requirements.
· Support the development of process documentation, including process stack sheets, process routings, PFMEAs, process flow diagrams and error proofing plans.
· Prepares operators by conducting training; provide technical assistance.
· Review machine quotes, prints, approval drawings to ensure adherence to specifications and process requirements.
· Participate in equipment run-offs to ensure proper system function.
· Physical presence in the workplace is an essential function
· Implements and actively supports the plant and corporate safety policies and initiatives
· Implement safety and good housekeeping standards
· Other duties as assigned.
- Education Requirement: Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
1. Significant experience as a Manufacturing Engineer, with extensive work in metal cutting applications.
2. General manufacturing processing experience.
3. Thorough knowledge of tooling and manufacturing processes.
4. Strong computer skills.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
7-10 years’ experience required
1. Knowledge of best practices in automotive or equipment manufacturing.
2. AutoCAD and/or Unigraphics skills.
3. Background in CMM programming.
4. Familiarity with TS-16949 Quality System requirements.
5. CNC programming.
6. Familiar with lean manufacturing principles for machining and assembly operations.
7. Background with processing in either assembly or machining operations.
8. An understanding of automatic transmission fundamentals.
9. Experience with case hardened gear processes including gear tooth form grinding.
10. Project Management skills and experience involving complex projects.
11. Excellent problem solving and resolution skills.
12. Ability to multi-task, while producing quality work.
13. Self-motivated / Self-starter
Allison Transmission is an equal opportunity employer. We have opportunities for all qualified applicants regardless of age, race, color, sex, religion, creed, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran requiring assistance and/or reasonable accommodations reviewing any of the careers information, please contact us at 317-242-5000.
Please note that Allison Transmission will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Allison Transmission will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Indiana Plant 14