As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
As a Manufacturing Engineer you will be the primary manufacturing interface for new and existing hardware products. You will work with Bruker’s Engineering and Product teams to drive new product development builds and support ongoing changes to existing products. You are well versed in working with Contract Manufacturers (CM) and Component Suppliers. You will lead teams to ensure products are designed and built to Bruker’s high standards of quality and performance. You will evaluate the product designs and create the processes, tools and procedures behind Bruker’s world leading 3D Optical Microscopes, Stylus Profilers, Tribometers, and Mechanical Testers. You will collaborate with Commodity Managers and Design Engineers to determine Bruker’s manufacturing and product specifications. Your work ensures the various pieces of Bruker’s products integrate and perform at the highest level, leading to the best customer experience possible.
As a Manufacturing Engineer in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary group, you will be responsible for using your creativity and wide range of engineering experience to develop and evaluate solutions to challenging engineering problems. In support of New Production Introduction(NPI), you will design, develop, test, and qualify solutions in a manufacturing environment. That will include the application of Design for Manufacturing/Assembly (DFMA) and Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA), to facilitate the smooth transition to volume production.
- Work on cross-functional team for New Product Development from Conceptual phase through Proof of Manufacturing and Volume Production. Define and implement product requirements related to DFx guidelines; Design for Manufacturing, Test, Reliability, and Service.
- Lead strategic planning for Test, Manufacturing, and Sourcing Strategies.
- Development of Manufacturing Processes, Documentation, Tooling, and Test Fixtures in support of NPI and Released Products.
- Lead training and product knowledge transfer to the Manufacturing Team.
- Lead NPI Team as Engineering Project Manager through the Proof of Manufacturing and Production Ramp phase.
- Identify and execute on opportunities for Gross Margin improvements.
- Lead projects related to Best Cost Manufacturing and aligned with business objectives. Examples may include Insourcing, Outsourcing, and/or Cost Reductions.
- Execute an integrated manufacturing quality improvement strategy through final functional verification process (Final Test), managing non-conforming parts in process (NCMR), and closed loop corrective action (CLCR)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Experience explaining technical issues and influencing product and process design change with results/data, working with other engineering teams to arrive at solutions.
- Experience with DFx methodologies; DFM, DFS, DFT, etc.
- Experience in DFMEA and PFMEA techniques.
- Experience in a similar, highly engineered, low volume, high mix, capital equipment environment that includes mechanical, electronic, and software composition.
- Strong Project Management Experience with proven successes.
- Work independently, strong team player, detail oriented, organized and hands-on.
- Ability to work and drive process/layout improvements with minimal supervision.
- International travel may be required ~6wks per year. Actual travel duration and frequency will depend on project requirements.
- Ability to work in Clean Room Environment
- Knowledgeable in continuous improvement, safety improvements, use of KPI metrics, lean manufacturing (Toyota Production System, Kaizen, one-piece flow, process mistake proofing, Six Sigma). Must also be able to lead initiatives in this area and train staff to lead initiatives
Candidates should have a Masters plus 3 years of experience in related field or a BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Physics, or Industrial Engineering plus 5 years of experience in related field.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export control restrictions.