The Commercial & Fundamentals Analyst (“C&F Analyst”) will be expected to be a key contributor to the Golden Pass LNG’s Commercial Team. The C&F Analyst is responsible for performing a broad range of analytical and communication task in support of the Supply Strategy and gas and transportation portfolio definition/optimization efforts including gathering and analyzing natural gas and LNG market data; devising methods and procedures for obtaining data and presenting their findings in a clear and creative manner; developing and leveraging models to perform relevant analysis and develop insights into the commercial strategy to manage the portfolio of gas supply and transportation; and support the Commercial team in preparing presentations and reports for GPLNG’s leadership and shareholders.
Essential Duties / Functions:
1. Lead and conduct relevant gas market analysis (e.g. fundamentals, pricing, key industry developments, infrastructure analysis) and develop and support a point of view on the impact of market conditions on GPLNG’s supply strategy.
2. Develop, maintain and leverage models to perform scenario analysis to support development and execution of GPNG’s supply strategy and gas supply, transportation and gas storage portfolio optimization processes. Develop and support point of view on options for the supply strategy and portfolio optimization processes.
3. Lead and coordinate analysis for Stakeholder reporting.
4. Support Commercial Team in developing effective presentations and reports about market conditions, supply efforts, and other relevant topics to GPLNG leadership, Board of Directors and Shareholders.
5. Support Commercial Team in engagement and negotiations of supply-related transactions.
6. Provide other ongoing support to the Commercial Team.
Minimum Education Requirements of the position:
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred
Minimum Experience required of the position:
- 3-5 years of prior experience of analytical-focused experience in natural gas value chain.
- Exposure and/or strong background in natural gas supply management and/or infrastructure is preferred
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills necessary
- Ability to quickly and accurately research and analyze quantitative data and qualitative information, and to package that information into a deliverable
- Moderate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office products, with specific skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and manage both short and long-term projects simultaneously
- Ability to secure resources and information to get the job done
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to prioritize effectively and multi-task when necessary
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and implement creative solutions after building support
- Critical thinking
- Project management skills
- Creative and artistic talent
- Commitment to continuous learning
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position:
- Typical office environment
- Not all aspects of the job are covered by the description – may require “other duties as assigned.”
- Job may change over time in accordance with business needs.
- Job description does not guarantee employment.
Market Research Analyst