Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general.
Most of the jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if you would like to know of all the opportunities we have that match your interests and qualifications, then please get in touch with us.
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here:
Sr. Mechanical Engineer - Robotics Startup
San Francisco, CA
This company is a top tier robotics startup that is disrupting a trillion dollar industry which touches the lives of billions of people. Their team is comprised of industry veterans and world class engineers.
In addition to paying competitive salary up to $200k, they will offer equity which could be very lucrative.
- Making key decisions on architecture and system design
- Getting your hands dirty with detailed design work.
- Working on all aspects of vehicle design, from mechanically heavy systems like suspension and chassis to frequent collaboration with firmware, electrical, and software for computer, sensing, thermal and electronics packaging.
- Working with and developing state-of-the-art autonomous technologies with a stellar team.
- A BS (preferably an MS) in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- At least 8 years of industry experience; the more the better
- Experience leading a product to market
- Experience designing medium-volume parts for sheet metal and plastics such as RIM or stamping
- Experience designing production-ready thermal solutions
- Experience with sheet metal and weldments
- Experience with a mechanical design suite such as Solidworks, Catia, NX, etc.
- Experience collaborating with electrical engineers to create integrations of PCBs and their connectors with electro-mechanical assemblies
- Great communication or organization skills.
- A passion for prototyping and creating
- A love of robots
Nice to have:
- Large form thermoplastics
- Heat pipe design
- Vehicle dynamics and suspension design
- IP rating design and test
- Electro-optical assemblies
- Custom motor design
- Cosmetic part design
- BoM management
- PDM management and part release processes
Did you like this job or want to see more? All of our online job postings can be found on these sites:
Follow us on Instagram here:
Follow us on LinkedIn here: