Sr. National Account Manager (Business Development Manager) - Target
Summary of position:
You will have to opportunity to strategically conduct joint business planning with customer buyers, category managers and other key customers to drive volume and profit growth for K-C categories. Your primary responsibilities will be to implement K-C brand strategies and tactics to drive domestic sales, build and manage customer relationships, collaborate with category management, and lead business planning and trade management strategies by utilizing cross-functional resources and data sources.
Success in this role includes:
- A general understanding of marketing place dynamics in class trade strategies.
- The ability to strategically develop and implement creative marketing, pricing and sales policies and programs to exceed sales volume objectives for Target sales.
- Developing and coordinating distribution and warehousing programs to reduce costs and provide excellent customer service. Control sales budget and promotion expenses to contribute to profitable objectives and investments.
- Serving as liaison between the customer, team counterparts and internal support team members to foster culture of growth and collaborations.
- Strategically analyzing and interpreting customer trends and demographic data. Project short-term forecasts out 2-3 years to ensure K-C’s action plans meet future demands.
- Performing strategic analyses, and crafting strategic business presentations tailored to achieve realistic customer performance, and support K-C's planning process.
- Directly managing customer accounts and act as K-C representative at all customer meetings.
- Your willingness to interview internal and external job-seekers for sales and cross-functional opportunities. You will also act as a mentor to any new hires on the team.
- Strong ability to concisely communicate orally and in writing precisely to individuals and groups, and influence Neenah, WI Brand groups and Champions; consistent engagement in person with Directors, Vice Presidents and Category Managers at customers.
- Adapt and support the organization through times of change.
- Perform merchandise shelf sets at test sites or retail store environments.
- Understand and react to recent category trends.
- Precisely communicate creative business solutions to customers and K-C Team Leader.
- Proficiently use and perform key functions of Microsoft Excel software program.
- Craft and deliver persuasive professional PowerPoint Sales presentations to communicate data driven insights recommendations for improvements and advancements.
- Ability to travel via aircrafts, and operate and drive motor vehicles for business travel, with valid driver license.
Department specific/non-essential functions, include but not limited to:
- Demonstrate and strategically apply consumer industry and cross-category knowledge and expertise. Strategically organize and develop quarterly and annual plans to drive weekly and monthly prioritizations of key development activities and projects to achieve superior management of business operations. Arrange meetings with customer executives.
- Keep team leader informed on status of plans and programs, changing conditions, requirements of marketplace, competitive activity, issues and accomplishments that may affect sales results. Develop alternative courses of action. Consider alternatives, risk management and impact of alternatives.
- Express knowledge of systems, situation statuses, procedures and culture of company. Promptly reconcile and communicate changes and conduct team adjustment to new changes. Adjust to meet requirements of changing conditions/situations.
- Render judgments and make timely decisions in alignment with business objectives. Independently set priorities and proactively identify issues, underlying problems, magnitude of situations and potential solutions and developing a plan of action. Precisely communicate in prompt timely manner with various levels of workers (include international relationships, if applicable).
Education required: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree.
Experience: You should have at least 5 years’ progressive exempt status experience in business, customer management and customer development or equivalent in other business functions; be proficient in statistics and quantitative business analysis; have strong financial and currency exchange acumen; and sales team management experience.
Experience/Qualifications: Knowledge of supply and demand. General knowledge of K-C organizational structure, products, categories, and internal policies and procedures. Knowledge of Integrated Customer Business Planning Process and operations of Business Planner software.
Skills/Competencies: Results, strategy and vision orientation, leadership, strong oral and written communication, ethical judgment and decision-making, cross-cultural, international business intuition, change management, analytical, project and risk management, building relationships.
Other Skills: Sales, cross-functional expertise, persuasiveness, prioritization and time management, resource and team management, complex problem solving, active listening, mentorship capabilities, adaptability and social perspectives.
Reports to VP, Target Customer Development
Scope of position:
You will manage varying dollar volume, customer segmentations, category rankings and K-C products and categories. You'll be responsible for domestic accounts, as well as the application of sales policies and procedures. Comprehensive knowledge of corporate, marketing and distribution operations to ensure volume and contribution objectives/quotas are accomplished.
Travel to customer up to 4-5 hours per day, 3-5 days a week. Travel may also include business travels via aircrafts and motor vehicles to various locations [10-20]% of work time. May include prolong periods of sitting, typing, viewing computer/laptop screens, along with occasional bending, reaching, lifting and carrying up to [50 pounds], climbing, twisting, stooping and standing.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.