Title: Sr. Network Engineer(L3)
A Senior level Network Engineer to manage a critical project for one of our biggest clients. The Individual should be passionate about technology, experienced in Network Operations, designing, implementing, troubleshoot & managing enterprise network.
- At least 5+ years of experience in Network Design, Implementation and Operations Support
- Design, Configure, troubleshoot and implement Routers, Switches, Wireless Controllers, Aps, Firewalls in large production environment
- Deployment of LAN networks with Access/Distribution/Core layer switches such as Cisco 4506/3750/3650/3548 and Aruba 3810/5412 Switches
- Work on IOS/AOS/RiOS upgrades on various Routers, Switches; Wireless Controllers, Optimizers and vendor TAC cases in case of hardware failure
- Deploy a large-scale HSRP solution to improve the uptime of collocation customers, in the event a core router become unreachable
- Configuration of TACACS and SNMP for remote authentication, network management and logs trapping of the devices.
- Configuration and extension of VLAN from one network segment to their segment between Different vendor switches (Cisco, Aruba)
- Implement ATM/Frame Relay between data centers utilizing Cisco routers & switches.
- Enable STP attack mitigation (BPDU Guard, Root Guard), using MD5 authentication for VTP, disabling all unused ports and putting them in unused VLAN and ensuring DHCP attack prevention where needed
- Troubleshooting and monitoring of routing protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP & BGP, redistribution and Redundancy issues.
- Configure Access lists (ACLs) on ASA firewall for the proper network routing for the B2B network connectivity.
- Implement ISSU methodology for Nexus switch upgrades to cisco standard codes, verify VPCs, VDCs, FEX connections and configuration of various Nexus switches including 7k, 5k and 2k (FEX modules) along with identification of various Blade chassis, Servers and Storage device connections.
- Configure, troubleshoot Aruba Wireless Controllers (WLC), add Access Points (APs), and monitor Users and APs connectivity.
- Monitor optimized throughput, data streaming and troubleshoot with failover/failback if required along with upgrades of Riverbed SteelHead/SteelFusion optimizers (WAN optimizers) to new code.
- Monitor and troubleshoot network using monitoring tools like: HP Network Automation, HP Network Node Manager, CoreDB, Wireshark, Cisco works, BigPanda, Infoblox etc.
- Good communication and coordination skills
- BS or BA degree preferably in Computer Science/Technology of Engineering, or equivalent relevant work experience