Sr. Network Engineer
Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest Information Technology staffing firm, is looking for a Sr. Network Engineer who excels in their role, and are committed to delivering an exceptional experience for our client's internal and external end users and clients. We look for individuals who are passionate in life and bring those qualities to work every day. Do you instill confidence, trust, and respect, encourage success and build relationships? We’re looking for people like this to join our friendly, engaged, professional team.
This is a direct hire position in Miami, FL.
Please send your resume to Daniel Perez - firstname.lastname@example.org if interested and qualified!
Top 3 Requirements:
CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA
Riverbed experience a plus
Serves as Sr. Network engineer leading a large enterprise and will be responsible for leading in projects to develop and recommend scalable solutions for LAN / WLAN / WAN / Data Center / Cloud services, and ensure that initiatives support the corporate vision. In addition, this multi-faceted role will focus on process improvement, operational excellence, design/architecture, R&D, standardization, project budgetary/TCO analysis, etc.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for using project lifecycle methodology including the creation of project plans, charters, budgetary estimates, and network documentation. Recommend and lead changes to project methodology as appropriate.
- Lead project teams and coordinate other technical and PM resources to deliver solutions that follow best-practice standards.
- Provide Tier 4 engineering and Tier 3 support during critical operational incidents as necessary.
- Lead or participate in strategic planning process and assist with managing strategic vendor relations.
- Lead team initiatives with other engineers for new technology introductions / deployments, and establishing standard architectures that align with best practice principles
- Will function in a customer-facing role gathering requirements and working on strategic planning on an annual / quarterly basis and will present solutions / plans to senior management.
- Work with business units to understand and gather requirements for projects and system enhancements.
- Effectively translate business requirements into high-level design documentation. Estimate level of effort and document scope of implementation. Determine potential impact to data and systems resulting from projects, enhancements, and production support.
- Provide training materials and documentation for operations handoff and customer communications.
- Support the operations team during the transition into production.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178