Type of Requisition:Pipeline
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:Top Secret
Suitability:No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is looking for a Sr. Intelligence Analyst (Open Source, Dark Web) with a DOD Top Secret clearance in Washington, D.C.
Scope: Investigative/internet analyst will leverage open source and commercial software tools to review, assess and collect data from a disparate list of open and closed web sources, including but not limited to news publications, blogs, social media platforms, paste sites, government websites, forums, onion sites.
Intelligence Gathering and Assessment
- Analyze the data from these various sources and identify investigative opportunities and intelligence to support the many investigative programs within the USPIS to include cybercrime, narcotics, identify theft, dangerous goods and workplace violence
- Evaluating Internet information from social media, chats, forums, darknet, Tor network, news feeds, internet relay chats and other sources of data openly available on the Internet
- Perform a prioritized assessment of the data to identify the most critical and reliable data in order to identify , bitcoins, locations, accounts, services, travels, email addresses, IP addresses and other pattern of life data in an effort to determine physical attribution of an Internet identity
- Create intelligence and investigative reports which represent the steps taken, the data sources reviewed and the conclusions drawn from the evaluation of the Internet information
- Data Analysis and Reporting
- Represent analysis and research results using tabular, pictorial or graphical techniques
- Deliver summary results to various levels of an organization in formats which are easy to understand; showing conclusions and relationships
This program only accepts US citizens and/or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years. The selected candidate cannot have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days and no more than 180 cumulative days.
Bachelor's degree in an engineering, cyber or related discipline
- 8 years of related experience supporting intelligence operations pertaining to cybercrimes, cryptocurrency, and dark web
- Experience in using cyber intelligence tools and software tools to actively search and mine the publicly available Internet and the darknet/deep web
- Understanding of the "dark web" and underground cybercrime ecosystems and possess knowledge of navigating through cryptocurrency exchanges
- Experience in such visual tools as Microstrategy, Tableau and/or i2 Analyst Notebook
- Advanced understanding of the methods used by cyber-criminals to hide themselves on the Internet, how the cyber-criminals conduct online business and what are the various marketplaces and forums the cyber-criminals operate within
- Capable to use technology solutions to actively search, analyze and prioritize the various market places and cyber-criminals to identify high value targets for the USPIS investigators
- Strong communication and presentation skills along with the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Must have a DoD Top Secret Clearance.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Telecommuting Options:Telecommuting Not Allowed
Work Location:USA DC Washington
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.