Sr. Oracle DBA
BCforward is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Oracle DBA's for their onsite requirement in Fairfax, VA.
Senior Professional ORACLE DBA
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide senior level technical leadership for database environments, including testing and installation of DBMS upgrades, and project management support from the database administration perspective
* Monitor the performance of production systems and utilize appropriate tools to identify tuning requirements
* Assist application developers in applying DBMS technology
* Provide on-call 24 X 7 support for mission critical databases and environments
* Designs, develops and integrates highly complex database systems for internal and external users/clients.
* Creates, documents and implements standards and/or complex modeling to monitor and enhance the capacity and performance of the database. Codes complex programs and derives logical processes on technical platforms.
* Performs complex analyses and reviews applications being released into production.
* Develops and oversees the implementation of test application code in client server environments to ensure that software conforms to build management practices.
* Remains abreast of and analyzes new and emerging technologies and tools for applicability to the field.
* Prepares recommendations and presentation to management.
* Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
To be successful in this role, the following is Essential Knowledge:
* Experience working with Oracle advanced features such as RAC, Data Guard, Goldengate and OEM
* Backup and recovery processes and technologies using Oracle RMAN
* Experience installing, configuring and maintaining Oracle Data Guard environments
* Database performance tuning
* Broad technical knowledge of client/server and web-based environments
* Some level of shell-script is helpful
* Some level of PL/SQL is helpful
* Some level of understanding of database encryption technologies (TDE)
* Some level of experience with Oracle 12c new features such as multi-tenant
* Understands and is willing to provide on a rotational basis, 24 X 7 database support
* 7+ years Oracle DBA on multiple instances Oracle 10g/11g/12
* Good programming skills for database management and general software
* Writing skills
* Good interpersonal skills
* Ability to work well independently as well as within a team environment.
* Leadership skills to guide work teams
* Strong leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
* Strong project planning and estimating skills related to area of expertise
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
Organizational "Fit" Considerations:
* Strong Teamwork/interpersonal skills
* Client relations
* Occasional travel
* Positive attitude
Location: Fairfax, VA
Duration: 1 year contract with strong possibility of extension or permanent placement
Who to Contact: Victoria DiMarco
How to Apply:
BCforward began as an IT business solutions and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full service personnel solutions organization. BCforward's headquarters are in Indianapolis, Indiana and also operates delivery centers in 17 locations in North America as well as Hyderabad, India and Puerto Rico. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm headquartered in Indiana. With 14+ years of uninterrupted growth, the addition of two brands (Stafforward and PMforward) and a team of more than 1400 resources our teams deliver services for multiple industries from both public and private sectors. BCforward's team of dedicated staffing professionals has placed thousands of talented people over the past decade, with retention rates that are consistently higher than the industry average.
Stay in the lead - Find the latest in Hot Job posts, tips to stand out in the crowd, and more! Join BCforward on Facebook today!
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 77473 when responding to this ad.