If you are interested in the role below please send resumes to Kevin Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sr. Oracle DBA
San Antonio, TX
Responsible for the database design, development, delivery and support of ICDB/CHAS applications and systems. Supports the Software Development Lifecycle by providing the following deliverables:
- Database design
- Technical Documentation
- Release Documentation
- Database Deployment Package
Performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases. Performs database re-organization as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database. A good knowledge of physical database design.
Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances. Troubleshoots with problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools. Execute and read oracle AWR reports.
Puts standards into place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance. The DBA will perform reviews. On the design and code frequently to ensure the site standards are being adhered to.
Development of prototype functionality in an effort to determine the best technical implementation for the required software system. Create new databases as required for development.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or 4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.10+ years Database administration in oracle 11g
- Extensive knowledge of ORACLE packages, stored procedures
- Extensive knowledge of ORACLE features
- Able to diagnose and turn ORACLE databases
- Working knowledge of RMAN (Oracle backup and recover)
- Working knowledge of OEM ( Oracle Enterprise Manager)
- Able to write database scripts for deployment
- ETL experience a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft TFS services for development and source control
- Knowledge of ProgrssSQL a plus
- Able to obtain Security + CE
- Working knowledge of PLSQL developer
- Able to Clear NACLC background investigation
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178