The job entails achieving sales objectives, expansion of business at existing accounts, providing input regarding account priorities, competitive intelligence, presenting to manufacturers, working with Acuity GPO, and leveraging relationships in achievement of territory/business objectives. Will leverage a consultative sales approach to develop rapport and gain long term relationships with prospects/customers and hit new business goals. Requires excellent time management, organization and impeccable follow up with prospects/customers. Reports to National Sales Manager.
- Responsible for meeting quota in assigned territory including expansion within current accounts and new business growth goals
- Provide sales revenue projections for the territory by meticulously managing a productive pipeline in salesforce including call/route planning
- Actively manage sales engagements from prospect research, cold calling, qualifying lead/fit assessment, develop a proposal and execute contracts to close the deal
- Present, promote and sell full offering of distribution services, technology solutions, GPO services, and med-surg products with a consultative sales approach becoming an expert business partner
- Coordinate sales efforts with team members and other supportive departments as required
- Develop strong relationships and advocates within accounts by learning practice operations, high-level clinical and market knowledge to offer continuous value
- Collaborate on marketing projects and participate in national conferences, regional meetings, and manufacturer meetings to enhance breadth of market knowledge
- Expedite resolution of customer issues by navigating other departments to maximize customer satisfaction and retention
- Maintain company standards involving ethical and moral character while professionally representing the company at all times to include social media platforms, meetings, conferences etc.
- BS/BA Degree Required
- Enjoys “startup” environment with “all hands-on deck” attitude
- Highly self-motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Demonstrated skills in prioritizing, organization, and time management
- Team player with ability to work independently to drive both personal and team goals
- Ability to take initiative and confidently direct customer interactions to achieve goals- Customer -first attitude!
- Excellent consultative selling skills; providing a tailored approach to each engagement and impeccable pipeline management
- Equivalent work experience, 4+ years related experience in a similar field or sales environment
- Proficiency using PC, Microsoft Excel, Salesforce, PowerPoint, Outlook & LinkedIn required
- Ability to work remotely and travel domestically up to 60% of time
- Ophthalmology/Retina experience required
- Valid driver's license
What is expected of you and others at this level?
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of sales concepts, principles, and processes as well as technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures for continuous improvement
- Works on complex deals of large scope with ability to assess, prioritize and execute to achieve goals
- Develops solutions to a wide range of customer and sales team challenges. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently, drives productivity and planning with guidance on overall sales quotas. Highly accountable for performance.
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Dallas Metro Area
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.