Sr. Paralegal/Legal Assistant-Washington, DC
The US Department of Justice Tax Division has a requirement for one additional Paralegal in its tax civil litigation section. The candidate selected will assist with a wide range of paralegal tasks as identified in the contract. Travel for trial assistance may be requested on a very limited basis for this position.
Requires paralegal certificate. An equivalent level of legal training may be substituted with the approval of the COR. At least 3 years of litigation paralegal experience required; trial experience very helpful. Legal research, writing, and litigation support experience is required. Must have solid legal knowledge, including standards of legal citation to cite check legal motions and memorandum and must have sufficient experience with legal research tools such as LEXIS, Westlaw and other internet-based databases to perform basic legal research.
The position requires excellent written and oral communication skills, thorough knowledge and hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word-processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, imaging, and hardware systems.
The position also requires basic familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of e-discovery procedures and resources. Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under pressure in a timely manner is very important. The ability to obtain the appropriate security clearance is required to obtain and hold this position.
A DOJ MBI is required to begin employment. For this position, CACI has the ability to provide clearance sponsorship for qualified individuals.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.