Providence is calling a Sr. Paralegal to Providence Health & Services in Seattle, WA.
We are seeking a Sr. Paralegal to provide professional legal and administrative support service to the Providence St. Joseph Health Department of Legal Affairs (DLA). This position supports attorneys/other DLA staff throughout DLA’s offices and interacts frequently with internal and external clients and business associates.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist with corporate filings (Secretary of State, Certificate of Good Standing, UCC, foreign qualification process, obtaining EINs, revisions to corporate governing documents, obtaining fictitious business names, etc.).
- Maintain strictest confidentiality, trustworthiness and integrity at all times.
- Draft and manage various DLA forms and policies.
- Become familiar with and able to independently utilize eCounsel/Mfiles, Selectica, Meditract and other contract and document management systems used by DLA.
- Provide support in the area of real estate contracting, transactions and related matters.
- Refine issues such that the attorney can focus her/his attention on providing legal advice and counsel to clients.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- A Bachelor's degree and a paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved paralegal program, or a certificate from a paralegal program at, or a degree from, an accredited secondary institution which requires at least 24 semester units in law-related courses. Equivalent experience may be substituted for education.
- 10 + years’ experience as a paralegal in a corporate or firm environment (healthcare preferred).
- Ability to work independently with minimum direction, strong communication, organization, and writing skills.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and determine the urgency and importance of tasks and employ open and direct communication and teamwork to complete the tasks.
- Ability to work with others and to work in a team approach for specified projects.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in performance of duties, including contract drafting.
- High level of computer aptitude; proficient in Word and the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- knowledgeable or experience with SharePoint.
- skillful in Internet and other on-line information services and retrieval, including Westlaw.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Healthcare Paralegal experience
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.