Who we are:
Sixt Rent a Car stands for exciting mobility and customer tailored solutions. We lead with innovation, high-quality customer service, premium products and a seamless rental experience. With nearly $3 billion in revenue and a presence in over 100 countries worldwide, it is no wonder we are a global leader in the car rental industry. In the USA, we are experiencing over 30% growth for the last several years, which provides great career opportunities in the future for the right candidates.
Sixt hires with a focus on service-oriented, entrepreneurial team players, who are excited about interacting with customers and colleagues from all over the world. Sixt is more than just renting cars. We have a passion for style, technology, innovation, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit.
What to expect:
The Senior People Management Business Partner (East Region) is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resources function for the east region.
What you'll do to be Sixt-cessful:
- Serves as key HR business partner to east region operations
- Knowledge of and adheres to federal and state legislation pertaining to all personnel matters
- Communicates changes in company personnel policies and procedures to region of responsibility Ensures proper compliance is followed
- Assists executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of wage and salary programs, performance management, etc.…
- Conducts new-employee orientations
- Coordinate and conduct employee feedback sessions. Annually analyze feedback and assist management with action planning
- Participates in operational staff meetings as required to stay up to date with the business
- Maintain awareness of east region HR KPI’s and uses these effectively when guiding the business
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed
- Coordinates or conducts exit interviews
- Works directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on all personnel matters
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the Head of Human Resources, on personnel matters
- Recommends and advises on employee development to management
- Improves manager and employee relations by investigating, identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counseling managers and employees
- Participates on committees, special projects and seeks additional responsibilities
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree required in human resources related field or similar
- Ability to travel 30% within the US as required
- Minimum seven years’ experience in a human resources role within a mid to large size company with multi-state, multi-location direct experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills and team-based project experience
- Clear understanding of employment laws and regulations
- Must have experience with ADA, EEO, FMLA, FLSA and Workers Compensation
- Strong prioritizing skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Excel and Applicant Tracking Systems, Payroll software and other HRIS systems
- Excellent English language fluency.