AvantGarde, LLC (AG) seeks a Senior Performance Management and CompensationConsultantwho will provide tactical and change management support to the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) in the areas of: performance management, compensation and pay for performance programs. CFTC is currently evaluating its’ performance management program and policies resulting in the need for expert level support to research, design, develop policy and implement a broad-based Performance Management Program. This support is a follow-on to an initial study conducted in Fiscal Year 2018.
AG offers a comprehensive benefit package including a monthly commuter benefit worth $3,000 annually as well as immediate 401k and medical enrollment. The Consultants will provide on-site support as needed at CFTC HQ in NW Washington, DC(1155 21st Street, NW).
- Develop,implement and evaluate initiatives that support improving the organizational alignment of CFTC employee performance, by participating in evaluations and assessments, designed to: identify and define issues, provide data for analysis and evaluate/document best practices.
- Aid the Human Resources Branch with creating policies that effectively enforce CFTC’s performance standards and develop performance plans that produce meaningful, specific, measurable, aligned, realistic and time sensitive objectives that can be tracked.
- Review CFTC’s goals and assess CFTC’s current and future performance management program and processesincluding the differences between pass/fail and two-level through five- level performance systems.
- Collaborate with the CFTC to develop work products to support improved performance management towards achievement of CFTC’s mission.
Compensation (Pay for Performance)
- Develop and/or revise plans, procedures, and policies on compensation and pay pool administration, merit pay distribution, other pay mechanisms (e.g. incentives, bonuses), pay setting for new hires and transfers.
- Meet with CFTC leadership and conduct interviews and focus groups with key stakeholders to identify strengths, weaknesses, gaps, and critical success factors with the current process.
- Suggest recommendations for policy reforms and work closely with the federal team to execute the development and implementation of new policies.
- Conduct a stakeholder analysis to assess CFTC’s change readiness and identify the critical factors to achieving cultural transformation.
- Develop a Stakeholder Engagement Plan and a comprehensive Change Management Plan as a basis to move processes forward for execution including the identification of appropriate communication strategies, with targeted, clear, and timely communications to build awareness and buy-in, creating a sustainable and enduring culture of change that is reinforced both laterally and vertically throughout the organization.
- Identify and engage Executive Leadership, key stakeholders, whose support is critical and highly visible change agents throughout the process and establish a feedback mechanism, create communication materials, and hold briefings.
- Identify appropriate strategies to create awareness and understanding of the objectives and approach to improve the quality of the talent management life cycle and promote the recruitment and retention of the high-quality performers needed for CFTC’s mission.
- A degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development or related field strongly preferred.
- Must have active technical federal experience with a minimum of 8 to 15 years of experience serving in a strategic human capital role with expertise in Performance Management (i.e., reform, organizational development, etc.), Compensation and in the development of comprehensive Pay for Performance Programs to public sector clients.
- Minimum of five years recent, hands-onpay and performance management experience required; be highly skilled with the analysis and implementation of compensation and performance management programs in a pay-for-performance environment.
- Must have exceptional organization, writing and listening skills; as well as significant experience with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, etc.) with comprehensive experience in the design of complex PowerPoint presentations and development of polished / professional policies and procedures.
- Prior federal government experience or significant engagements as a Consultant to the government is required.
- Must be willing to work on site, full-time, in NW Washington, DC, M-F, 5 days a week within the normal work hours of 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance, post fingerprint/criminal background check process.
The CLIENT / AGENCY
The Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) is an independent Federal agency. The mission of the CFTC is to protect market participants and the public from fraud, manipulation, abusive practices and systemic risk related to the derivatives – both futures and swaps financial market place.
The CFTC also provides oversight of the options market. Together, these fast-paced financial markets have a notional value of more than 400 trillion dollars. Through effective oversight, the CFTC works to ensure that these market places are transparent, open, and competitive and remain financially sound. The Commission currently employs approximately 732 people who operate from a headquarters office in Washington, DC and regional offices across the Continental United States.
AvantGarde, LLC (AG) is an 8(a) and HUB certified, Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB) with principal offices in Rockville, MD. AG provides a unique set of integrated consulting services and a "One Stop Shop Solution" to meet complex organizational goals through Human Capital Management, Organizational Development, Business Operations Support, and Information Technology. We translate insight into impact across four key areas of an organization – People, Process, Strategy, and Technology.
Our firm was named Minority Federal Contractor of the Year for 2017 by the Minority Enterprise Development Consortium. We partner with clients and bring deep and broad-based expertise with the best industry practices delivering personalized solutions that overcome our clients’ most pressing People, Process, Strategy and Technology problems. Visit our website at www.avantgarde4usa.com to learn more about the company, our opportunities, and benefits.
AvantGarde LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
$3,000 commuter benefit - immediate 401k and health benefits