Time to get to work! We’re seeking an experienced Senior Performance Testing Engineer for a client in Kansas City. This is a three-month engagement that could lead to permanent employment for the right person. If you’re that person, if you have the Senior Performance Testing Engineering expertise that we need, submit your resume now!
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering IT excellence for over three decades. Our reputation for quality, flexibility, and strong relationships with our clients keeps them turning to us to meet their IT consulting needs. Our contacts combined with your technical expertise equals career possibilities for you. So let’s get to work!
Our client's Load and Performance Team (LnP) is seeking a performance engineer to deliver high performing web applications across a variety of projects and technologies. You will be part of team responsible for ensuring the performance, stability, and reliability of large scale web applications and critical business systems.
- Follow projects during their development cycle and identify candidates for load and performance testing.
- Facilitate business critical testing efforts to ensure performance, reliability, and scalability of systems
- Lead internal and external projects through the load and performance cycle. This includes modeling systems usage, setting performance acceptance criteria, developing test strategies, performing architectural reviews, scripting application paths, executing load tests, collecting data, analyzing results, reporting on findings, and implementing performance improvements
- Partner with teams to improve application usage and system metrics gathering
- Work with capacity and architecture teams on test strategies and impact analysis
- Communicate test results to technical, business, project teams, and senior leadership
- Lead long term internal projects of load and performance team
- Establish and maintain team and project documentation
- Grow knowledge through team and individual training
- Review emerging IT technologies
- Execute load and performance testing in a timeframe that best suits project restrictions
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- 3+ years experience with HP LoadRunner, Neoload, or a similar tool used for load testing.
- Proficient experience with statistics, data manipulation, and data visualization.
- Demonstrated decision making, analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to develop creative solutions to assigned projects.
- Ability to work in a team environment with limited supervision.
- Proficient quality assurance techniques and protocols.
- Demonstrated and effective time management, organizational, prioritization, and planning skills.
- Information technology implementation and management methodologies.
- In-depth understanding of inter-operational relationships of various infrastructure components of an IT infrastructure including but not limited to server systems, storage technology, network technology, information security and operational knowledge of application tools.
- Strong analytical ability, including network and network systems design, capacity planning, operations methodology, and error detection and resolution techniques.
- Ability to manage rapidly shifting priorities and workloads.
- Fundamental understanding of how IT infrastructure aligns with and supports business initiatives.
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & verbal)
- Candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer
- Corp to Corp candidates will not be considered
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.