Who is Georgia-Pacific ?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a dynamic and experienced Sr.Plant Engineer for our lumber facility in Albany, GA. The Plant Engineer is responsible for managing and executing capital projects, as well as working with leaders to drive long term, mill wide process improvements.
Georgia-Pacific in Albany produces Southern Pine dimension lumber, the workhorse of the building industry. It is an affordable, strong, durable softwood that is excellent for pressure treating, light frame construction, general utility framing, studs, pallets, crafting, and floor and roof trusses. Georgia-Pacific employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace.
- Execute capital projects and assist maintenance with expense projects as needed
- Develop and own the project budget or Venture Summary process
- Develop project scope with input from reliability engineer, production, and maintenance staff
- Review contractor deliverables, quality and resolve technical issues during scope development, design, and construction
- Ensure projects are executed in legal, safe, and environmentally responsible manner
- Monitor systems to measure and control project progress against schedule and cost
- Ensure contractor alignment with the company safety processes and risk tolerance
- Familiarity with performance measures and maintenance requirements of equipment
- Participate as a member of the Plant Leadership Team with the goal of maximizing plant performance
- Development of projects from conception to completion
- Coordinate and lead efforts to return asset performance to optimized base case with third party support and internal resources as needed
- Assist asset owners in managing and prioritizing lists of improvement opportunities for their respective assets based on business need
- Work with Subject Matter Experts and operations personnel within Georgia-Pacific to develop standardized operating and maintenance strategies for similar assets and equipment
- Identify root cause for identified process losses
- Apply subject matter expertise to support short term technical requests across multiple facilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and a minimum 5 years of experience in project development and execution OR High School diploma and a minimum of 10 years of experience in project development / execution in a manufacturing facility
- Proficiency with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Capital project experience greater than $5M
- Experience managing multiple projects at the same time.
- Project management experience in the lumber industry
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in planning and scheduling plant outages
- Experience working within a stage-gated project management process
- Experience with practical application of PSM requirements, including Management of Change, and Pre-Startup Safety Review
- Certification as a CMRP (Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf