At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Candidate will perform the duties of a Senior Principal Mechanical Engineer for acceptance test procedure (ATP) development, release, and support of test execution. Responsibilities will include subsystems analysis, test method selection, test planning, test equipment integration, test procedure development and maintenance, test setup conceptualization and execution, test data acquisition and analysis, and test reporting. Additionally, candidate will be responsible for reviewing test procedures written by junior mechanical engineers and offering feedback and suggestions, maintaining a subject matter expert level of understanding in the area of aircraft hydraulic and pneumatic subsystem testing procedures, processes, and standard practices, presenting to team leadership and program leadership on behalf of the team, performing the duties of this position with minimal supervision, andguidingother test engineers (and engineers from other disciplines) in the performance of test failure troubleshooting and corrective action.
A successful applicant will demonstrate knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic system component designor testing, gas and fluid flow rate and leak testing, and the typical electro-mechanical components, test requirements, and methodologies used in the aerospace industry. Candidate must be able to work closely with engineers of the same and other disciplines, project leaders, and technicians supporting a production line.
- B.S in Mechanical Engineering or other STEM field with equivalent experience in support of aircraft mechanical subsystem design or test
- Minimum of 9 years related work experience (7 years acceptable with job-related Masters degree)
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance investigated within the past 5 years
- Ability to obtain and keep program security access
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong technical writing skills with at least 4 years experience developing technical work instructions and reports
- Ability to develop and read/understand engineering blueprints/drawings
- Past mechanical/fluid system production, design, or test experience
- Experience using NX or equivalent CAD tools
- Experience using CPLM/TeamCenter or equivalent Lifecycle Management tool
- Advanced knowledge of aircraft ground support or test equipment and hands on operation of such equipment
- Experience working with fully assembled aircraft systems in a production environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.