Join Northrop Grumman Xetron, in Cincinnati, Ohio, part of Mission Systems sector, focused on the development of new capabilities for our military and intelligence customers around the globe. At Xetron we are designing systems that science fiction writers describe they are just that cool!
Remember when you were eager about getting to work because of the excitement of the challenge, the importance of the solution, and the fun you had with your team? Xetron is that kind of place! As a small Operating Unit of the larger Northrop Grumman Corporation located in Cincinnati Ohio, Xetron is a rare example of a company with a small business culture operating collaboratively with its larger business entity. This unique relationship offers employees the ability to literally know everyone at the site at a personal level while still working on technologies and products that are beyond state-of-the-art. You'll get the opportunity to wrestle with the next big problems in an atmosphere of collaboration and cooperation, sharing your expertise with team members at all levels.
We are seeking cleared or clearable Computer Systems Architect to perform key assignments for Mission Systems software development programs. This position supports a large heterogeneous unclassified and classified computer networks that includes Linux, Windows, and VMware Virtualization with emphasis on supporting software development and test automation teams.
Responsibilities include working with software development teams to design and define system architectures for new or existing complex development networks, hardware/software installation, upgrades, troubleshooting, repair, monitoring, tuning, automation scripting and general sustainment activities. Duties will also include maintaining system documentation, developing infrastructure support procedures, and providing security support.
- 9 years of relevant experience with Bachelors in Science; 7 of relevant experience with Masters; 4 of relevant experience with PhD. in a relevant field (Equivalent combination of education with experience may be accepted in lieu of the degree requirement)
- Top Secret / SCI clearance
- Experience in the design, implementation, and sustainment of enterprise networks
- Experience in the design, implementation, and sustainment of enterprise virtualization products and supporting
- Experience in the design, implementation, and sustainment of Active Directory deployments
- Experience in developing automation solutions to support networks and systems (scripting / development)
- Certifications in common enterprise products (Cisco, VMware, Microsoft, etc.)
- Management of associated security policies and procedures relevant to system deployment
This position offers the option of a 9/80 work schedule. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.