AspenTech is a leading supplier of software that optimizes process manufacturing – including oil and gas, petroleum, chemicals, pharmaceuticals and other industries that manufacture and produce products from a chemical process. With integrated aspenONE solutions, process manufacturers can implement best practices for optimizing their engineering, manufacturing and supply chain operations. As a result, AspenTech customers are better able to increase capacity, improve margins, reduce costs and become more energy efficient. In addition, the launch of the Asset Performance Management (APM) suite supports corporate reliability initiatives, taking an analytics-driven approach to asset availability. It combines deep process modeling expertise with real time big data to extend asset life and effectiveness. APM enables you to accurately predict and eliminate the root cause of all failures, so the only downtime you experience is the downtime you plan.
A Senior Principal Consultant/Engineer is required to join the Engineering Services Group to deliver process modeling and optimization solutions to our customers in the global process industries. This position is with the Professional Services organization, and will be located in our Houston, TX office.
The group offers project implementation services to the Refining, Petrochemical and Chemical industries. Services include development of simulation models (steady state or dynamic, offline or online at fixed interval or in real time) of industrial processes and/or utilities systems. The models are used for process/utilities improvement, monitoring, optimization and energy cost reduction.
- The candidate will lead the execution of process modeling, process design, and process optimization projects from start to finish (included project kickoff, functional design, configuration, testing, installation, commissioning and support).
- Participate in client meetings, prepare project documentations/reports and assist with user training as necessary.
- Confidently communicate with and present results to our clients.
- Train on the job junior team members and support them in developing their skills and knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum of 8 - 15 year’s of chemical process industry experience working in a consulting, plant operations, engineering and construction environment, or process design and simulation
- Extensive process modeling experience using process simulation software. Extensive knowledge and use of AspenTech.’s simulation software such as Aspen Hysys, AspenPlus and other software preferred.
- Experience with and deep knowledge of several process units, such as facilities to manufacture ethylene, ammonia, and methanol and/or Oil Refining units.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or take a lead role as part of a project team.
- Ability to act as a mentor to less experienced members of the team.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Strong analytical capabilities, including the ability to identify and explain opportunities for AspenTech Engineering solutions to deliver value to customers.
- Advanced degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in Real Time Optimization and/or Advanced Process Control.
- Development of equation-oriented (EO) process models.
- Reactor modeling expertise.
- Development of physical property correlations.
- Knowledge of any additional major language (Spanish, Mandarin, any other).
AspenTech is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.