At Northrop Grumman, innovation isn't just an idea it's a way of life. Our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future. Northrop Grumman is seeking a data-driven, highly analytic mind for a Data Scientist position in the Joint Distribution Process Analysis Center (JDPAC) at USTRANSCOM with a mission to provide analysis and engineering support to improve the nation's ability to move and sustain our forces throughout the globe. The right candidate will act as a Data Scientist on the enterprise data sciences team and provide advanced statistical and modeling support to multiple simultaneous projects covering a wide range of operational and business needs for the command. The qualified applicant will assist the USTRANSCOM Senior Data Scientist in transforming the enterprise advanced analytic approaches and data management.
- Collect and/or gather large sets of data and apply advanced techniques to ensure the data is reliable and of high quality for the targeted purpose.
- Interpret large amounts of data with advanced approaches using sophisticated analytical and data visualization software or tools to discover patterns of the data.
- Research and develop statistical learning models for complex data problems to identify opportunities through various advanced statistical, mining, algorithmic, and visualization techniques or more advanced methods such as artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Develop iterative process to maintain quality and performance of statistical models and quickly identify enhancements opportunities.
- Communicate advanced concepts and information in an understandable manner for audiences of varying levels of competency.
- Discover, investigate, and visualize data trends and patterns to assist users across the enterprise in creating a robust and comprehensive data environment.
- Integrate cross-functional and cross-domain solution sets and create/maintain an analytic reuse library to include analytic code, artifact description, implementation documentation, and examples of usage.
- Package the algorithms into solutions for use by leaders, operators, and analysts.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of technology trends.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Data Analytics, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or related quantitative field with 9 years of experience or MS + 7 years of experience or PhD + 4 years of experience.
- At least 5 years' experience using tools such as R, Python, SQL, Matlab, SPSS, SAS, etc.
- Experience in an enterprise data science program and big data environment.
- Working knowledge of business statistics and analytical methods, e.g. decision trees, regression modeling, machine learning, etc.
- Must enjoy working in a team environment with frequent customer contact and have excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated skills in solving problems, troubleshooting, and responsibility for ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives.
- Ability to receive a Secret clearance (interim clearance required to commence task work).
- Active DOD Secret Clearance.