Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking aSenior Principal Embedded Software Engineerto join our team of qualified, diverse individuals working toward ensuring our country's security. We want self-starters who will be part of a team of software professionals developing world-class software in a structured environment to meet our customer's high expectations.You will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including requirements, design, development, verification, sustainment and test support for our programs. The successful applicant will have strong skills in C++ Real Time embedded system design and development. Knowledge of computer networking, modern software development environments, software configuration management tools is a plus. The selected engineer will work within a multidiscipline product development team to develop software systems and tools supporting our defense products.
This position is located in Bethpage, NY.
- ABS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or STEM related discipline
- At least 9 years of experience in related industry (7 years with MS degree; 4 years with PhD)
- Very strong C++ development experience in an embedded SW environment
- An Active US DoD Secret Level Security Clearance is required prior to starting employment (clearance not required for consideration)
- A MS degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or STEM related discipline.
- An Active Secret Clearance (or higher)
- Experience with analysis tools such as Wireshark, debuggers or other low-level applications system analysis software/hardware.
- Experience developing software for multiple operating system environments
- Experience designing and developing software for embedded systems
- Experience with the Agile methodology
- Familiar with tools such as Rhapsody, DOORS, and ClearCase/ClearQuest
- Experience with UML/Model Based Engineering
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.