At Northrop Grumman Corporation, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in airand space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who havebold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way.Our culture thrive on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Sr. Principal Mechanical Engineer for Microelectronics Packaging Designto join our team of qualified, diverse individuals within the Mechanical Technology and Design Services Team.This position will be located in Linthicum, Maryland.
The Microelectronics Packaging Design Engineer will be responsible for:
- Interfacing with electrical, RF, and digital design counterparts, chip designers, thermal and structural analysts, and manufacturing teams throughout the design phase
- Pulling packaging designs together for a project
- Designing cutting edge analog and digital microelectronics solutions, utilizing multiple chip-scale packaging technologies including ceramic, organic, MCM, IMA, QFN, BGA, 3DI, Flip Chip and antenna tiles to support sub-system requirements
- Coordinating with drafting, manufacturing, and supply chain teams to provide consultation as needed for successful fabrication and delivery of completed products
- Supporting development of thermal, structural and durability analysis/testing of delivered products for design verification to ensure a smooth transition into production
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or science discipline with 9 years of experience in microelectronics packaging design or related area; Master's Degree with 7 years of experience; PhD with 4 years of experience.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance, U.S Citizenship is a pre-requisite
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Experience with NX or other 3D modeling software
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
- Understanding of packaging of organic and ceramic high density modules
- Effective verbal and written communication, ability to work in a team environment
- Experience with chip-scale packaging
- Familiar with Printed Wiring Board (PWB) design and fabrication
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.