Do you love networks? Does the opportunity to explore new technology excite you? We are looking for an experienced network engineer and technical leader to join our architecture team. You will design our next generation network for the cloud and help build the software and tools to make our network available on an ever-increasing scale. If you enjoy taking infrastructure to the next level, this is the position for you.
What your playground will look like:
- A constantly evolving architecture, with hundreds of containerized services across multiple agile teams.
- A hybrid datacenter / cloud environment accepting over 50 billion HTTP requests a day from our customers.
- Linux, Docker, Kafka, Java, Go and that’s just the beginning of the technologies in our stack.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with the infrastructure services leadership to improve our network.
- Steer teams toward technical decisions that fit well with our long term vision.
- Help teams choose the right tools for the job at hand and utilize the chosen technologies efficiently.
- Communicate, communicate, communicate: Architects serve as the connective tissue between teams and organizations for all technical matters.
If you are ready for this job, you have spent years building large, complex, global infrastructure networks. You have had plenty of front line experience architecting networks in both data centers and the cloud. You know how to run successful hardware maintenance, while also documenting the network for others to understand. You keep up on tech trends and have open conversations with members of the team.
- 8+ years of technical leadership helping engineering teams thrive
- Ability to collaborate and impact decisions at the interpersonal level
- Solid understanding of network hardware (Arista and Juniper)
- Understanding of cloud networking (VPC and Direct Connect)
- Experience of data center networking and routing topology
- Intimate knowledge of routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, ECMP)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have or used to have any of the following certs: CCNP, JNIS, and/or AWS Networking.
- Understanding of a major Linux distribution (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Experience with one of these languages: Python, Go, Ruby, or Shell scripting
- Optical Transport Network knowledge
- Using Terraform to automate cloud deployments
- Multi-cloud experience
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity, and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and fix their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.