At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Senior Principal Reliability Engineer will define and implement reliability engineering programs to achieve Customer (both internal and external) and program reliability objectives. This position will require the following expertise:
1) Develop, coordinate and conduct reliability studies and evaluations of engineering design for development, production and sustainment phases.
2) Support requirement allocations and flow down to lower assembly levels.
3) Develop reliability analyses (e.g. reliability predictions and complex system modeling, FMECAs, de-rating, RBD development, Fault Tree).
4) Knowledge of reliability technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and statistical concepts.
5) Define and implement reliability FRACAS (failure reporting, analysis, and corrective action system) programs to prioritize opportunities for affordability improvements. Effort includes chairing Failure Review Boards, completing data mining, identifying trends, prioritizing failure modes, investigating and ensuring effective corrective action closure.
6) Develop plans and lead reliability growth programs (including reliability growth analysis, scoring conference support, etc.).
7) Support subcontractor evaluation, selection and coordinate activities with respect to reliability needs.
8) Prepare for, present at and participate in design reviews.
9) Effectively engage with external Customers and internal stakeholders.
10) Generate high quality work products on-schedule and on-budget.
11) Identify continuous improvement efforts as reliability engineering tasks are performed.
12) Support program Engineering Configuration Change Board (CCB) and Corrective Action Board (CAB).
13) Ability to interpret Engineering drawings/schematics.
- B.S Degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math with 9 years related work experience OR MS Degree in a STEM discipline and 7 years related work experience)
- Background in performing and leading Reliability analysis and modeling
- Hands-on experience in conducting and managing Reliability programs, including reliability testing
- Experience with reliability prediction beyond Mil-Hdbk-217, e.g., VITA 51.1, PoF, field performance, etc.
- Experience with Windchill Quality Solutions and Reliasoft reliability analysis tools
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, MS Project)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, technical writing experience, and an ability to communicate findings to customers and management
- Self-starter capable of performing assigned tasks
- Ability to collaborate across functional teams (including systems engineers, design engineers, component engineers, mission assurance, manufacturing, test and program management)
- Analytical thinker with a demonstrated ability of solving complex problems which require ingenuity and innovation
- Willingness andability to obtain and maintaina Secret and/or Top Secret clearance; must be US citizen
- Active Secret, Top Secret or SCI Clearance
- Knowledge of maintainability, testability and logistic support, system safety and human factors design practices and their interrelationship with Reliability
- Knowledge of design and manufacturing processes
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.