At Northrop Grumman, we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Missile Defense Space Center (MDSC) team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Lead Software Engineer based out of Schriever AFB in Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
The Software Engineering Lead will be responsible for daily tasking and oversight for a team of 40 software developers. Responsibilities of the software team include all facets of the software design, development, and implementation life cycle for software and database changes identified by program personnel. This includes analysis of change requests and requirements for new software support capabilities; design of software, COTS/GOTS integration, and procedures to meet and mitigate requirements; implementation of software and database applications, and other programming tools; and integration, documentation, and testing of software development artifacts. Resolve technically challenging issues and proactively evolve system and software requirements.
A qualified candidate will have experience managing large development efforts in a fast-paced Agile environment. The ability to interact effectively with external groups such as system engineering within the Agile environment is critical to tracking work. A candidate must be able to demonstrate successfully employed techniques for improving productivity within an Agile environment with a varied team of junior to senior developers.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs, and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Position requires an active DoD Secret clearance
- 9 Years with a Bachelor's in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) related discipline; 7 Years with a Master's in a STEM related discipline; or 4 Years with a PhD in a STEM related discipline.
- Experience with software development using C/C++ and JAVA on UNIX, LINUX, and Windows platforms
- Experience with development of user interface, process control, algorithms, and relational database management applications
- Experience use and/or application of technical principles, theories, and concepts to develop and troubleshoot SW products
- Ability to create and follow standard processes and clearly document results
- Experience with automated unit testing
- Experience leading and providing tasking to teams with diverse skill sets
- Experience with mentoring and training employees
- Experience leading teams using agile methodologies, SCRUM preferable
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- DoD Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- Modeling, Simulation, and automation experience
- Strong math, physics or engineering background
- Knowledge of the flight characteristics, motion, atmospheric dynamics, and missile performance parameters necessary to model ballistic missiles
- Software troubleshooting and code optimization
- Scrum Master/Product Owner Certification
- Proven teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Possess strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to efficiently and independently multi-task in an extremely demanding and deadline-driven environment
- Ability to identify and achieve multiple milestones spread across various calendars and schedules
- Ability to apply best practices and established patterns to existing code base and mentor less experienced team members on same practices
- Self-motivated and able to provide solutions to highly technical problems
- Ability to interface effectively with users, customers, management, and other engineering personnel
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.