Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce, we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is currently seeking a Principal Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse professionals in Warner Robins, Georgia. The selected candidate will become a part of our C-130 Avionics Maintenance and Modernization Programs supporting System Integration Lab (SIL) Integration.
This position is contingent upon award and is expected to start in April of 2019.
- Works with a multi-disciplined team to perform technical planning, requirements development, system integration, verification & validation, cost and risk, and supportability & effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Analyzes all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, and maintenance.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Interprets modeling and simulation data to drive system architecture, requirements and design trades.
- Must have one of the following:
- A Bachelor's degree in an engineering or STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) with a minimum of 9 years of engineering experience
- A Master's degree in an engineering or STEM discipline with a minimum of 7 years of engineering experience
- A PhD in an engineering or STEM discipline with a minimum of 4 years of engineering experience
- Must be able to work on-site in Warner Robins, Georgia
- Experience in the military aerospace development environment.
- Systems Integration Lab (SIL) experience, to include Test, Scripting, Automated Testing, and Real-Time Simulations
- Familiarity with aircraft systems/subsystems architectures
- Previous design, integration, and testing experience on complex deliverable system.
- Experience with Avionics Software and Agile Development
- Demonstrated experience applying and developing functional and physical architectures, interfaces, requirements, and validation plans for large complex systems.
- Familiarity with Atlassian tool suite with add-ons like git and confluence
- Familiarity with Agile SW development process, including scripting, SIL development and test, ARINC 610, Real-time Solutions, and test processes
- Demonstrated experiencewith complete engineering Life Cycle
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.