Position at Ingram Micro
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world's largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
The Sr. Process Analyst will use his/her skills in leading process design, SCE application knowledge, development integration, testing and deployment, to focus on architecting a solution using Business Process Re-engineering techniques and methods to achieve a defined business outcome. The Sr. Process Analyst works on the complete life cycle from business needs definition, through process design, build or system configuration, testing, training, end user and technical documentation, delivery for process enactment, final diagnosis and on-going support. The Sr. Process Analyst plays a significant role in re-engineering global Supply Chain processes and solutions which are global in nature, integrated with other process areas, scalable, flexible are customer focused and follows industry best practices. Process improvements may range from reduced keystrokes, reduced handoffs, centralized data, reduced delays, freeing resources faster, or combing similar activities.
- Lead, facilitate, manage, and implement business process improvements and system changes to improve Key Performance Indicators for Transportation operations, Customer/Vendor Requirements/SLAs in collaboration with cross-functional departments. Change Management encompasses people, process, and tools with focus on effective communication with Process Owners and Stakeholders
- Lead cross-functional projects with focus on process/change management to ensure all teams are tracking to project Milestones, Deliverables, KPI/Service Level Agreements, Process Improvement Measurements, and Sustainable Control Plan for Monitoring post project implementation.
- Ability to diagnose operational problems and minimize the downtime progressively by addressing the root cause, making recommendations for enhancements and new development
- Serve as a subject matter expert / SME/Consultant focused on reducing costs and increasing efficiencies
- Serve as business escalation point of contact for critical/high priority IS system latency / breakdown impacting information sharing and connectivity across internal and external partners
- Lead implementation of systemic process change by working closely with Transportation process owners, internal and external Partner Operations Managers, BPI Managers, Project Managers, etc. Drive best practices sharing through centralized repository of knowledge management, including process maps, business requirement documentation, test cases, etc.
- Partner and manage 3 rd party vendors with a goal to enhance service and drive down costs
- Works with business and customers to help them understand their needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Lead project initiatives to support business requirements by liaising with internal and external partners, drafting BRDs, UAT scripts, coordinating UAT and approvals
- Point of contact for issues related to manifest, label, EDI Interchange issues - As SME related to interfaces/ communication channels, collaborate with IT and Operations to triage system failures, identify root causes, addressing the issues and putting in long term fixes
- Must recognize areas for process improvement and develop plans and requirements for implementing them.
- Coordinates a collaborative testing process between the business and IS team members.
- Proactively identifies and reports on business issues, dependencies, and risks related to system enhancements, functionality/design gaps, and user acceptance testing.
- Effectively communicates with internal and external customers, management, and stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Supports project manager(s) and related job families on company initiatives as a SME and contributing resource.
- Must detect and resolve issues effectively across process and systems in a timely manner and escalate accordingly. Focus on root cause analysis to reduce repetitive activities and drive long term improvements
- Must make sure all measures comply with Ingram's business/partners standards, governance, policies, and procedures.
- Update all relevant documentation such as test scripts, training materials, business process documentation, macros, etc.
- Update and maintain documentation related to WMS configuration or other system configurations to support manifests, labels and information sharing
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provides recommendations and advice on emerging technology trends.
- Develops and maintains a library of such documentation.
- Performs regular audits against documentation to ensure the business is complying with governance standards and other policies and procedures.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information Management Systems, Engineering (Industrial/Mechanical) or equivalent work experience required.
Experience: Minimum of 5-7 years' experience in
- Ability to analyze and design business processes in Supply Chain execution area
- Ability to develop product requirements based on input gathered from a variety of sources including analysis results and feedback from the user community
- Experience with one of the industry leading Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERP), EDI Interface specification between trading partners, Shipping Manifests and labels
- Experience and understanding of domestic ground and air modes of transportation, transportation Concepts such as Hub-spoke model, Pool distribution, Milk run setup, Network analysis, Process design and Process Improvements.
- Experience in driving transportation cost savings through JDA TMod is desired
- Experience with any one or more industry leading Transportation Management Systems (TMS) like JDA, Oracle, etc.
- Experience with Freight bill audit payment process and systems, Transportation Modeler, Transportation Manager (system maintenance and trouble shooting)
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral.
- Demonstrated use of analytical tools such as Tableau, Qlik, Access/ SQL, Excel
- Ability to review project deliverables for completeness and quality, and compliance with established project standards
- Demonstrated use of lean, six sigma, DMAIC, DMADV, ISO-9000, Kaizen, Root cause analysis/ Fishbone and other tools and methodologies towards process improvements and process design
- Detailed understanding of business analysis concepts, Supply Chain processes and Supply Chain applications
- Demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and Complex business problems.
- Liaison with project management office and appropriate Project Management offices to help manage the day-to-day interdependencies of multiple project teams.
- Self-starter, goal oriented, inclined to seek and share knowledge, excellent communicator with a positive attitude
- Proven client, team, and meeting facilitation skills
- Good with numbers and must have solid analytical skills
- Demonstrate good leadership skills and the ability to motivate
- Create and lead a supportive team-oriented work climate that enables business team members to develop professionally and that values diversity, promotes teamwork and collaboration and emphasizes quality, customer satisfaction, creativity and cost effectiveness.
- Able to build, maintain, and develop strong business relationships with both internal and external customers
- LEAN Six Sigma Certified and/or Six Sigma Yellow/Green Belt is preferred.
- Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.