Sr Analyst, Product Analytics
Launched in 2000, Hotwire is one of the earliest innovators in the online travel arena and part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
Our roots are in California, and we also have offices in Seattle along with an important and fast-growing product & technology presence in Gurgaon, India. Hotwire has the energy and pace of a startup, plus the stability and backing of the incredible Expedia family of companies. Hotwire’s culture centers around delivering value to customers and supply partners by being passionate about building great products with the newest technologies available. We pride ourselves on our organizational transparency, a bias for action and a customer-centric approach to everything we do.
Hotwire differentiates itself as a brand within the travel marketplace by offering a unique core value proposition for customers and suppliers with our opaque pricing model. This concept revolves around offering great bargains on hotel room nights without sharing the specific name or location of the hotel until the booking is complete. By giving this flexibility to our suppliers, we can offer great value to our customers. Hotwire also offers a full retail suite of other travel products that can fulfill virtually any customer travel need.
We are seeking an experienced analytics professional to lead analytics on various aspects of our business verticals. Will be responsible for business monitoring, product optimization, A/B testing efforts passionate about improving site conversion, and identifying and driving significant revenue growth. If you are intellectually curious, independent, highly analytic, and finds problem solving exhilarating, this job is perfect for you. The key to success in this role is conducting and translating analyses into informed decisions, and then testing those decisions in a live environment. Your recommendations, based on sound analytics, will help drive the product roadmap. This role will report to the Director of Strategic Product Analytics.
- Lead analytics on various products to help drive actionable insights
- Use data and insight to co-develop product roadmaps with product managers
- Craft a data centric view of customer behavior to diagnose drivers for business impact
- Resolve Omniture tracking requirements for specific user behavior and version tests
- Prioritize, evaluate and recommend next steps for all version tests
- Conduct analytic deep-dives of critical business issues that impact performance and translate the analyses into actionable recommendations
- Mine database for critical business insights and intelligence. Formulate and communicate findings to the organization
- Partner with business owners (Product/Marketing) to diagnose business problems
- Closely monitor business performance to identify risks, new opportunities and industry trends
- Challenge Product Managers to think differently about how they digest and use information to make informed decisions
- Establish measurement frameworks for driving consistency amongst critical metric tracking
Desired Skills and Experience Requirements:
- B.S. Degree in Business, Statistics, Mathematics or Economics
- Self-motived with 2-3 years of demonstrated success in web, mobile, marketing, product, or customer analytics
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau and MicroStrategy
- Superior analytic problem solver, with a focus on deliver actionable recommendations
- Strong business knowledge and demonstrated ability to probe, drill and analyze elusive problems with minimal supervision
- Attested ability to frame problems and structure analysis, and deliver coherent conclusions and insights
- Advanced SQL required and familiarity with Omniture SiteCatalyst or Discover strongly preferred
- Familiarity with A/B site testing and evaluation strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.